11/21/2023

The brothers are not on good terms(兄弟鬩牆)

 The brothers are not on good terms(兄弟鬩牆)

 

(The Book of Songs) is China's earliest collection of poetry.

There are 305 poems in the book.

The poems were written over a period of 500 years, from the 11th century BC to the 6th century BC.

The content of these poems is mainly divided into three categories.

 

The first category is folk poetry from different parts of China at that time.

The second category is the poetry of the Zhou Dynasty, which ruled China at that time.

The third category is the sacrificial poems used by the royal family and nobles of the Zhou dynasty.

 

Among them is a poem sung by the nobles of the Zhou dynasty when entertaining their brothers. The general idea of the first paragraph of this song is as follows

 

I saw these beautiful Changdi flowers in full bloom. These flowers reminded me of my brother.

Each of us lives in this world, and the people closest to us are our brothers.

 

When we are threatened with death, the only people who take the initiative to take care of us are our brothers.

If we are unfortunate enough to die in an accident, the only people who take the initiative to look for us are our brothers.

 

I saw those harmonious wagtails that reminded me of my brothers.

 

When we encounter difficulties, our friends usually just sigh with us.

The only ones who can really overcome difficulties with us are our brothers.

 

When we get into trouble, our friends usually don't come to the rescue.

 

Although my brothers and I often quarrel because of disagreements, when I am attacked by the enemy, my brothers will immediately come over and accompany me to fight against my enemies.

 

This idiom means that the relationship between the brothers is not harmonious.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

What is your relationship like with your brother? Who is the person who helps you immediately when you are in trouble?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 




                                圖片出處為百度百科



兄弟鬩牆(The brothers are not on good terms)

 

(詩經)是中國最早的詩歌合輯。

這本書中有305首詩。

這些詩寫的時間橫跨500年,從西元前11世紀到西元前6世紀。

這些詩的內容主要分為三類。

 

第一類是當時中國各地的民間詩歌

第二類是當時統治中國的周王朝的詩歌。

第三類是周王朝中的王室與貴族祭祀用的詩歌。

 

其中有一首周王朝的貴族在宴請自己的兄弟時吟唱的詩歌,這首歌的第一段的大意如下。

 

我看到那些盛開的美麗的常棣花,這些花讓我想起我的兄弟。

我們每個人生活在這個世界上,與我們最親近的人就是我們每個人的兄弟。

 

當我們面臨死亡威脅的時候,會主動來關心我們的就只有我們的兄弟。

當我們不幸死於意外的時候,會主動來找尋我們的就只有我們的兄弟。

 

我看到那些感情和睦的鶺鴒鳥,這些鳥讓我想起的我的兄弟。

 

當我們遇到困難的時候,我們的朋友通常只會陪著我們嘆氣。

真正能與我們一起共度困難的,就只有我們的兄弟。

 

當我們遇到緊急事件的時候,我們的朋友通常不會立刻伸出援手。

 

我的與我的兄弟們雖然常常會因為意見不合而吵架,但如果當我遇到敵人的攻擊時,我的兄弟會立刻過來陪著我一起對抗我的敵人。

 

這句成語的意思這對兄弟的感情不和睦。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你與你的兄弟的感情好嗎?誰是你在遭遇困難時會立刻幫助你的人呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為詩經-小雅-常棣

https://fanti.dugushici.com/ancient_proses/161

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...