12/27/2023

Both have almost the same strength, so there is no difference between them(不分軒輊)

 

 

Both have almost the same strength, so there is no difference between them(不分軒輊)

 

There was a famous general in the Eastern Han Dynasty of China, his name was (Ma Yuan).

There is a story about him recorded in the history books.

 

After the fall of the New Dynasty of China, warlords all over China relied on their own military power to divide their respective spheres of influence. These warlords fought many wars against each other.

 

He and his family were separated because of the war, and he took refuge with one of the warlords. That warlord's name was (Kui Xiao).

Because he is very clever and talented, he has become a very important aide to (Kui Xiao).

Wei Xiao wanted to form an alliance with Liu Xiu.

Wei Xiao arranged for his son to be sent as an ambassador to the capital of the Eastern Han Dynasty founded by Liu Xiu. Wei Xiao ordered Ma Yuan to go with his son.

 

After Ma Yuan accepted this assignment, he and his family moved to the capital of the Eastern Han Dynasty.

 

After staying in the capital of the Eastern Han Dynasty for several months, his relationship with Liu Xiu became very close. He was attracted by Liu Xiu's charming personality, so he made a decision. He wrote a letter to Wei Loud.

 

In the letter, Ma Yuan wrote

I think Liu Xiu is a very good leader, so I want to join his camp. I think you should join his camp like me, and together we can help Liu Xiu achieve his goal of unifying all of China.

 

Wei Xiao was very angry when he received this letter, so he wrote to Liu Xiu.

Ma Yuan is an important associate of mine, but he was seduced by you and betrayed me, so I refuse to ally with you again.

 

When Ma Yuan heard the news, he said to Liu Xiu

Now that I'm in your camp, I'd like to tell you what I think.

 

We have known each other for several months now, so you should have a better idea of my personality.

 

If I were a leader, I would hope that my subordinates would be as good as me. If I were a subordinate, I would hope that my leader would be respected by others because of my relationship with them.

 

I treat everyone honestly. I would rather be misunderstood than cause loss to others.

 

Because I believe that you are the most capable and powerful person to unite all of China, I have joined your camp.

 

My relationship with Kai Xiao is more like that of a friend. Our relationship is not like a normal relationship between a leader and his subordinates, so I shared my thoughts with him.

 

I told him. Your talent and strength are not as good as Liu Xiu's, so you should join me in Liu Xiu's camp.

Together we can help Liu Xiu end the current chaotic situation in China, and we can help Liu Xiu restore peace to all of China.

 

But Wei Xiao wouldn't listen to me. He thought he was the one who could unite all of China in the future. He refused to be someone else's subordinate, he wanted to build his own kingdom.

 

I will try to persuade him to join your camp, but if he insists on refusing to surrender to you, he will become our enemy.

If he really does become our enemy in the future, I will help you to defeat him.

 

This saying means that the strength of the two is almost the same, so there is no difference between them.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

If you were Wei Xiao, what would you do? Do you think Ma Yuan's behaviour is treason?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 


                                  圖片出處為維基百科



不分軒輊(Both have almost the same strength, so there is no difference between them)

 

 

中國的東漢王朝有一個著名的將軍,他的名字叫做(馬援)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

中國的新王朝滅亡之後,中國各地的軍閥仰仗著各自的軍事力量劃分出屬於各自的勢力範圍,這些軍閥彼此之間發生了許多戰爭。

 

他與他的家人因為戰亂分散,他投靠了其中一個軍閥,這個軍閥的名字叫做(隗囂)

因為他很聰明又很有才能,所以他成為的(隗囂)很重要的一個幕僚。

隗囂要與劉秀結盟。

隗囂安排他的兒子去劉秀所建立的東漢王朝的首都擔任大使,隗囂命令馬援跟著他的兒子一起去。

 

馬援接下了這個任務後,他就帶著他的家人一起搬家到了東漢王朝的首都。

 

他待在東漢王國的首都幾個月後,他與劉秀的關係變得非常的親近,他被劉秀的人格魅力所吸引,因此他做出了一個決定,他寫了一封信給隗囂。

 

馬援在信中寫。

我認為劉秀是一個非常卓越的領導者,所以我想要加入他的陣營。我認為你應該跟我一樣一起加入他的陣營,我們可以一起幫助劉秀完成統一整個中國的目標。

 

隗囂收到這封信後非常的生氣,所以他寫信給劉秀。

馬援是我很重要的幕僚,但他被你引誘所以背叛了我,因此我拒絕再與你結盟。

 

馬援聽到這個消息後,他對劉秀說。

我現在已經加入你的陣營,所以我想對你說對這事情的看法。

 

我們兩個人認識好幾個月了,你應該比較可以掌握我的個性了。

我如果當一個領導,我希望我的下屬都跟我一樣的好,我如果當一個部屬,我會希望我的領導能夠因為我的關係被別人尊重。

 

我真誠的對待每一個人,我寧願別人誤會我我也不想要造成別人的損失。

 

因為我認為你是最有能力與實力統一整個中國的人,因此我加入了你的陣營。

 

我與隗囂的關係比較像是朋友,我們不像是一般的領導與部屬的關係,因此我把我這些想法跟他分享。

 

我對他說。你的才能與實力比不上劉秀,所以你應該跟我一起加入劉秀的陣營。

我們可以一起協助劉秀結束中國目前混亂的情況,我們可以協助劉秀讓整個中國重新恢復和平。

 

但是隗囂沒有聽信我的話,他認為他才是以後可以統一整個中國的人。他不肯當別人的部下,他想要自己建立自己的王國。

 

我會再想辦法勸他加入你的陣營,但是如果他堅持不肯臣服於你,那他將會成為我們的敵人。

萬一他未來真的成為我們的敵人,那麼我將會幫助你打敗他。

 

這一句成語的意思是這兩者的實力差不多因此分不出高下。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是隗囂,你會怎樣做呢?你認為馬援的行為是背叛嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為後漢書-馬援傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3885.html


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...