12/12/2023

Cuckoo's Sad Cry(杜鵑啼血)

 

Cuckoo's Sad Cry(杜鵑啼血)

 

There was a famous poet in China during the Tang Dynasty, his name was (Bai Juyi).

He left behind more than 3,000 poems, the most among all the poets of the Tang Dynasty.

 

At the age of 35, he joined the central government as a mid-level official.

He was an upright man and often made many suggestions to the king.

He also offended some in the establishment.

In 815 AD he was demoted and transferred to what is now Jiangxi Province in China.

One day in 816 AD he wrote a narrative poem of 612 words.

This poem became one of his most famous works.

 

In this poem he describes an adventure he had with a middle-aged pipa player.

In the poem, the pipa player tells her own life story after finishing her performance.

He said to the player after listening to her story.

 

The small town where I live is very remote and very few people live there.

Almost all the people who live here are farmers, and there are no cultural or artistic workers in this small town.

I haven't heard anyone play an instrument for over a year.

 

After I moved here, the sounds I heard most were the sad cries of cuckoo birds and monkeys.

 

After I moved here, I felt lonely in the beautiful spring, I felt sad when the flowers bloomed, and I felt helpless in the bright moonlit nights.

 

I can't find friends to talk to about my feelings. In these moments, I often drink alone.

 

This is a simple little town, and the people here are very kind. The people who live here will sing simple songs when they farm, and the children who live here will play the flute when they play.

Maybe some people think these sounds are nice, but I think these songs and flute sounds are too vulgar and simple.

 

I am very happy to have the opportunity to hear you play the pipa today.

The pipa songs you play are so beautiful. When I listen to your performance, I feel as if I have arrived in heaven. I feel that only in heaven can I hear such beautiful and touching sounds.

 

The direct translation of this idiom is that this cuckoo bird is crying sadly. This cuckoo bird is vomiting blood because it keeps crying.

This idiom is used to describe a person who is very sad.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

What is the best piece of music you have ever heard? Who do you want to talk to when you feel sad?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                          此圖片來自百度百科

  

杜鵑啼血(Cuckoo's Sad Cry)

 

中國的唐王朝時代有一個著名的詩人,他的名字是(白居易)

他留下了3000多首詩,是所有唐代詩人中最多的一個人。

 

他在35歲的時候進入中央政府擔任一個中階官員。

他是一個正直的人,他經常向國王提出許多建議。

他也得罪了一些當權派。

西元815年他降職並被調派到現在中國的江西省。

西元816年的一天,他寫了一首敘事詩,這首詩共有612個字。

這首詩成為他的代表作品之一。

 

這首詩中,他描寫了一段他與一個中年的女性琵琶演奏家的奇遇。

在首詩中,這位女性琵琶演奏家在結束演出後,說了有關於她自已的人生故事。

他聽完這位女性演奏家說完自己的經歷後,他對這位女性演奏家說。

 

我現在住的這座小城市的地理位置非常偏遠而且居住的人又非常的少。

住在這裡的人幾乎都是農民,這座小城市中沒有任何的文化與藝術的工作者。

我已經超過一年沒有聽到任何一個人演奏樂器的聲音了。

 

我搬到這裡之後,我聽到最多的聲音是杜鵑鳥與猿猴的悲傷的啼叫聲。

 

我搬到這裡之後,我在美好的春天感覺寂寞,我在花開的時候感覺哀愁,我在明亮月光照耀的夜裡感覺到無奈。

 

我找不到朋友傾訴我心中的感受,我在這些時刻,我經常一個人孤獨的喝酒。

 

這是一個純樸的小城市,這裡的居民都非常的善良,住在這裡的人們在耕作時會唱著音調簡單的歌曲,住在這裡的孩子們會在遊玩時吹著笛子。

或許有些人覺得這些聲音很好聽,但我覺得這些歌曲與笛聲太過於粗俗與簡單。

 

我今天能夠有機會聽到妳演奏琵琶,我感覺到非常的開心。

妳所彈奏的琵琶歌曲是如此的動聽,我在聆聽妳的演奏的時候,我覺得我好像已經到了天堂,我覺得只有在天堂才可以聽到到如此美妙並且打動人心的聲音。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思這隻杜鵑鳥悲傷的啼叫,這隻杜鵑鳥因為不停的啼叫所以口吐鮮血。

這一句成語被用來形容一個人非常的悲傷。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你聽過最好聽的樂曲是那一首呢?你在悲傷的時候,你會想要跟誰傾訴呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為白居易-琵琶行

https://www.classicalchineseliterature.org/article.php?article=%E7%90%B5%E7%90%B6%E8%A1%8C++%E4%B8%A6%E5%BA%8

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...