12/24/2023

He is magnanimous and generous(恢廓大度)

 

He is magnanimous and generous(恢廓大度)

 

There was a famous general in the Eastern Han Dynasty of China, his name was (Ma Yuan).

There is a story about him recorded in the history books.

 

After the fall of the New Dynasty of China, warlords all over China relied on their own military power to divide their respective spheres of influence. These warlords fought many wars against each other.

He and his family were separated because of the war, and he took refuge with one of the warlords. That warlord's name was (Kui Xiao).

Because he is very clever and talented, he became a very important member of (Kui Xiao's) staff.

 

One day, (Kui Xiao) said to him.

There was a person, a member of the royal family of Han Dynasty, whose name was Liu Xiu.

I was told that Liu Xiu was a very outstanding man. He had mastered a great military force and established a new kingdom.

The situation in China is very chaotic now, and our military power is very small, so we should form an alliance with a stronger military power for our survival.

I want to send you to find Liu Xiu. After you observe his situation, you can report back to me whether we should form an alliance with him.

 

Having accepted this order, he set off for Henan Province, where he met Liu Xiu.

Liu Xiu said to him with a smile

I knew that you had previously visited Gongsun Shu, who had just established a new kingdom, on behalf of (Kui Xiao). I didn't expect you to visit me on (Kui Xiao's) behalf today.

I feel very ashamed that you have to pay me a special visit.

 

He replied to Liu Xiu.

The current situation in China is very chaotic, and many people have decided to establish a new kingdom on their own.

The kings of various kingdoms are hoping to attract more talented people to their camp, and many talented people are also carefully choosing the leaders they want to follow.

After saying that, he paused and said to Liu Xiu with a smile

Gongsun Shu and I have known each other for a long time. After he became king, when he saw me, he was surrounded by defensive soldiers. We didn't know each other before that. How can you be sure that I don't have bad intentions? ?

Why didn't you have many soldiers to protect you when you received me?

 

Liu Xiu laughed and replied.

I'm sure you have absolutely no bad intentions and you can't possibly assassinate me, but I think you're hoping to persuade me to agree to some of your demands.

 

Ma Yuan replied after listening to Liu Xiu's words.

When I grow up, I sometimes hear that some people are very outstanding, but when I actually meet those people, I find that they are not really that outstanding.

 

But after meeting you today, I don't feel that way at all.

I think you are as big-hearted and generous as I have heard.

Your ancestors founded the Han Dynasty, and you are just like your ancestors, you are a very outstanding and excellent leader.

 

After listening to his words, Liu Xiu smiled and held his hand.

 

The rest of the visit went very smoothly. Liu Xiu got very close to him and treated him sincerely.

When it was time for him to leave a few weeks later, Liu Xiu specially arranged for a close official to accompany him.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who is broad-minded and generous.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Are you a generous person? Among the people you know, who do you think is the most generous?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                        圖片出自百度百科



恢廓大度(He is magnanimous and generous)

 

中國的東漢王朝有一個著名的將軍,他的名字叫做(馬援)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

中國的新王朝滅亡之後,中國各地的軍閥仰仗著各自的軍事力量劃分出屬於各自的勢力範圍,這些軍閥彼此之間發生了許多戰爭。

他與他的家人因為戰亂分散,他投靠了其中一個軍閥,這個軍閥的名字叫做(隗囂)

因為他很聰明又很有才能,所以他成為的(隗囂)很重要的一個幕僚

 

有一天(隗囂)對他說。。

有一個人,漢王朝有一個皇室家族成員,他的名字叫做劉秀。

我收到一個消息,劉秀是一個很傑出的人,他掌握了一股很大的軍事力量,他長成立了一個新的王國。

現在中國的情勢很混亂,我們的軍事力量很小,所以我們應該要與一個更強大的軍事力量結盟才會有利於我們的生存。

我想派遣你去找劉秀,你觀察他的情況後再跟我報告我們是否應該跟他結盟。

 

他接受了這個命令後,他就出發到河南省,他見到了劉秀。

劉秀笑著對他說。

我知道你之前曾經代表(隗囂)到新成立一個王國的公孫述那邊出訪,沒有想到你今天又代表(隗囂)來到我這邊訪問。

我感覺到很慚愧,讓你特別到我這裡來拜訪。

 

他回答劉秀。

現在的中國的情勢非常的混亂,有很多人選擇自己成立一個新的王國。

各個王國的國王都希望可以爭取到更多有才能的人加入自己的陣營,而很多有才能的人也很謹慎地選擇他們所要跟隨的領導者。

他說完這句話後,他停頓了一下然後笑著對劉秀說。

我與公孫述已經認識很久了,他當上國王之後,他見到我的時候,他身邊站滿的防衛的士兵,我們以前並不認識,你怎麼可以確定我沒有抱著不好的企圖呢?

你接待我的時候身邊怎麼沒有安排很多士兵保護你呢?

 

劉秀大笑著回答他。

我可以確定你絕對沒有不好的企圖,你不可能刺殺我,但我認為你希望可以說服我答應你們的某一些要求。

 

馬援聽完劉秀的話後回答。

我長到那麼大,我有時候會耳聞有些人非常的傑出,但是當我真的與這些人見面後,我發現這些人其實並沒有那麼的優秀。

 

但是我今天與你見面後,我完全沒有這種感覺。

我認為你就像我耳聞的一樣,你的心胸寬廣且大度。

你的祖先建立了漢王朝,你就像你的祖先,你是一個非常傑出又優秀的領導者。

 

劉秀聽完他說的話後,劉秀笑著握住他的手。

 

接下來的訪問行程非常的順利,劉秀與他非常的親近,並且真誠的對待他。

當他幾個禮拜後要離開時,劉秀特別安排一個親近的官員護送他離開。

 

這句成語的被用來形容一個人的心胸寬廣且大度。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是一個大度的人嗎?你認識的人中,你認為誰最大度呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫

 

出處為後漢書-馬援傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3885.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...