12/29/2023

I will die peacefully and without regret(甘心瞑目)

 

 

I will die peacefully and without regret(甘心瞑目)

 

There was a famous general in the Eastern Han Dynasty of China, his name was (Ma Yuan).There is a story about him in the history books.

 

He was a very brave and skilful general who held his position until the last minute of his life.

 

In AD 48, a riot broke out in the south of the Eastern Han Dynasty, and the local government troops were defeated by the mob.

When he heard the news, he took the initiative to tell the founding king of the Eastern Han Dynasty.

I hope you can send me an army. I hope you will let me lead this army to put down this rebellion.

 

The king said to him.

You are very old, you are 62 years old. War is very hard and dangerous. I do not think your physical strength can bear it.

 

He told the king with a smile.

Although I am 62 years old, my body is very healthy and I am full of energy. I can still wear heavy armour and ride a horse to fight the enemy.

 

The king said to him.

Are you sure you can really lead an army into battle?

 

He replied to the king.

If you don't believe me, I can put on a suit of armour and ride off on a horse to fight anyone.

 

The king agreed to his request.

 

After dozens of minutes, he put on his full armour and immediately jumped on a horse.

He rode the horse very steadily, and his eyes showed enthusiasm and pride as he rode the horse.

 

After seeing his performance, the king smiled and said to him.

You really are very healthy. I agree to your request and give you this task.

 

When he returned home that night, he told his family and friends.

I have followed the king to fight everywhere since I was young. The king is very generous and kind to me. He has given me many rewards, trusted me greatly and valued my opinions, so I am very grateful to him.

 

I am over 60 years old, so I feel that time is very urgent and I want to seize every day for the rest of my life.

 

 

Today I have the opportunity to lead the army to defend the stability of the country. I feel very happy and honoured. If I die on the battlefield during this expedition, I will have no regrets and feel very satisfied in my heart. to close my eyes forever.This phrase is used to describe a person who dies peacefully and without regret.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

How long do you think you have left to live? If you were to die now, would you feel at ease and have no regrets?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                       圖片來自於百度百科


甘心瞑目(I will die peacefully and without regret)

 

中國的東漢王朝有一個著名的將軍,他的名字叫做(馬援)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他是一個很勇敢很會打仗的將軍,他堅守他的職位到他生命的最後一分鐘。

 

西元48年,東漢王朝的南方發生一場暴動,當地的政府軍被暴民打敗。

他聽到這個消息後,他主動對東漢王朝的開國國王說。

我希望你可以派遣一支軍隊給我,我希望你讓我帶領這支軍隊去平息這場暴動。

 

國王對他說。

你的年紀很老了,你已經62歲了,戰爭非常辛苦又危險,我認為你的體力無法負擔。

 

他笑著對國王說。

我雖然已經62歲了,但是我的身體很健康,我的精力充沛,我還可以穿上沉重的盔甲並且騎在馬上跟敵人對戰。

 

國王對他說。

你確定你真的可以帶領軍隊去打仗嗎?

 

他立刻對國王說。

如果你不相信,我可以現在我可以現在立刻穿上盔甲然後騎馬與人對決。

 

國王答應了他的請求。

 

幾十分鐘後,他穿上了全身的盔甲、然後他立刻跳上一匹馬。

他騎馬騎得非常的穩,騎在馬上的他的眼睛裡透露出熱情與驕傲,

 

國王看了他的表現後就就笑著對他說。

你真的非常的健康,我答應你的請求,我把這個任務交給你負責。

 

當天晚上他回家後,他對他的家人與朋友說。

我從年輕的時候就開始跟著國王到處打仗,國王對我非常的寬厚又仁慈。他給了我很多的賞賜,他非常的信任我又重視我的意見,因此我覺得我非常的感謝他。

 

我的年紀已經超過60歲了,所以我覺得時間非常的緊迫,我希望把握我的餘生中的每一天。

 

我今天能夠獲得這個機會帶領軍隊去捍衛國家的安定,我覺得非常的開心也覺得非常的榮耀,如果我這次出征我死在戰場上,我不會有任何的遺憾,我會內心感到很滿足的永遠閉上我的眼睛。

 

這一句成語被用來形容一個人安心地死去而且沒有任何遺憾。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為你還可以活多久呢?如果你現在就死了,你會感到安心而且沒有遺憾嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為後漢書-馬援傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3885.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...