12/10/2023

There are very few people in this place and it is very deserted.(門前冷落)

 

 

There are very few people in this place and it is very deserted.(門前冷落)

 

There was a famous poet during the Tang Dynasty in China, his name was (Bai Juyi).

He left behind more than 3,000 poems, the most among all the poets of the Tang Dynasty.

 

At the age of 35, he joined the central government as a mid-level official.

He was an upright man and often made many suggestions to the king.

He also offended some in the establishment.

In 815 AD he was demoted and transferred to what is now Jiangxi Province in China.

One day in 816 AD he wrote a narrative poem of 612 words.

This poem became one of his most famous works.

 

In this poem he describes an adventure he had with a middle-aged pipa player.

In the poem, the pipa player tells her own life story after finishing her performance.

The player said.

 

Good times always feel short.

After I came of age, the control of the central government of the Tang Dynasty over the local princes weakened, and there were many wars between the central government of the Tang Dynasty and the local princes.

 

Because of the war, my brothers were drafted to the battlefield and my sisters and I were also separated because of the turmoil. When I heard from them again, I was sad to learn that almost all my brothers and sisters had died because of the war.

 

Because of the war, there were fewer and fewer music lovers who came to hear me perform, and those wealthy young aristocrats who were willing to spend money on gifts for me were becoming more and more financially strapped.

 

Whenever we used to perform, the entrance to the venue where we performed would be full of horse-drawn carriages and there would be lots of people. But later, as the war situation became more serious, the number of people who came to see our performances gradually decreased.

 

As the days go by, I am getting older, I am not as beautiful as I was when I was young, and I am gradually losing my appeal to my music fans.

 

Then I decided to give up my acting career and married a businessman.

This businessman is one of my music fans. He is very kind to me. I think he has enough financial power to take care of me for the rest of my life, so I finally decided to marry him.

 

After I got married, my husband was very kind to me.

He is a good person, but because he often travels to different places in China to develop markets, he is often away from home and spends very little time at home.

 

Last month, my husband went to Fuliang city to buy and sell tea. He left me alone at home. I felt very lonely every day. I could only sit alone on this boat every day.

No one accompanies me, only the moon in the sky and the cold river water accompany me every day.

 

Lately I often dream at night. I dream of the happy years of my youth. What a wonderful time they were. At that time I had no worries and I laughed happily every day.

But the happier I am in my dreams, the sadder I feel when I wake up.

I often wake up in the middle of the night, and when I return from the warm dreams to the cold reality, I can't help but cry.

 

This idiom is used to describe a place where there are very few people and it is deserted.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night because of a dream? Do you often have the same dream?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                          此圖片來自百度百科



門前冷落(There are very few people in this place and it is very deserted.)

 

中國的唐王朝時代有一個著名的詩人,他的名字是(白居易)

他留下了3000多首詩,是所有唐代詩人中最多的一個人。

 

他在35歲的時候進入中央政府擔任一個中階官員。

他是一個正直的人,他經常向國王提出許多建議。

他也得罪了一些當權派。

西元815年他降職並被調派到現在中國的江西省。

西元816年的一天,他寫了一首敘事詩,這首詩共有612個字。

這首詩成為他的代表作品之一。

 

這首詩中,他描寫了一段他與一個中年的女性琵琶演奏家的奇遇。

在首詩中,這位女性琵琶演奏家在結束演出後,說了有關於她自已的人生故事。

這位女性演奏家說。

 

美好的時光總是令人感覺短暫阿。

在我成年之後,唐王朝中央政府對於地方諸侯的控制力變弱,唐王朝的中央政府與地方諸侯間發生了很多場戰爭。

 

因為戰爭的緣故,我的兄弟們被徵召上戰場,我與我的姊妹們也因為動亂而分離。當我再次收到他們的消息時,我悲傷地得知我的兄弟姊妹們幾乎都已經因為戰爭而死去。

 

因為戰爭的緣故,聽我表演的樂迷愈來愈少,願意花錢買禮物給我的那些有錢的青年貴族的經濟也愈來愈拮据。

 

我們以前每次演出的時候,我們表演的場地的門口從事停滿了馬車而且有很多的人潮。但到了後來,由於戰爭的情況愈來愈嚴重,來看我們演出的人也漸漸地愈變愈少。

 

日子一天一天地過,我的年紀愈來愈大,我不再像我年輕時那樣美貌,我也漸漸地失去了對我的樂迷的吸引力。

 

後來我決定結束我的表演工作,我嫁給了一個商人。

這個商人是我的樂迷之一,他對我非常的好,我認為他有足夠的經濟實力可以照顧我的後半生,所以我最後決定嫁給他。

 

我與我的丈夫結婚之後,我的丈夫對我非常的好。

他是一個好人,但是因為他經常要到中國的各個地方去開拓市場,所以他常常不在家,他待在家裡的時間非常的少。

 

上個月,我的丈夫又到浮梁這座城市去買賣茶葉,他留下我一個人住在家裡,我每天都覺得非常寂寞,我每天都只能一個人孤單地坐在這艘船上。

沒有人陪伴我,每天陪伴我的只有天空中的月亮與冰冷的河水。

 

我最近經常在夜裡作夢,我夢到我年輕時的快樂的歲月,那是一段多麼美好的日子啊,在那一段時間中,我沒有煩惱,我每天開心的歡笑。

但我在夢中愈開心,我醒過來後就愈難過。

我常常在半夜驚醒,當我從溫暖的夢裡回到冰冷的現實時,我就會忍不住哭泣。

 

這一句成語被用來形容一個地方人潮非常少非常的冷清。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否曾經半夜因為作夢驚醒呢?你是否會經常做同樣的夢呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為白居易-琵琶行

https://www.classicalchineseliterature.org/article.php?article=%E7%90%B5%E7%90%B6%E8%A1%8C++%E4%B8%A6%E5%BA%8F

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...