12/12/2023

We both drifted to this place and have similar life experiences.(同是天涯淪落人)

 

 

We both drifted to this place and have similar life experiences.(同是天涯淪落人)

 

There was a famous poet during the Tang Dynasty in China, his name was (Bai Juyi).

He left behind more than 3,000 poems, the most among all the poets of the Tang Dynasty.

 

At the age of 35, he joined the central government as a mid-level official.

He was an upright man and often made many suggestions to the king.

He also offended some in the establishment.

In 815 AD he was demoted and transferred to what is now Jiangxi Province in China.

One day in 816 AD he wrote a narrative poem of 612 words.

This poem became one of his most famous works.

 

In this poem he describes an adventure he had with a middle-aged pipa player.

In the poem, the pipa player tells her own life story after finishing her performance.

He said to the player after listening to her story.

 

When I listened to your pipa performance just now, I felt very sad, and a sadness surged in my heart.

After listening to your words, I felt even more sad and lonely than when I just listened to you playing the pipa.

 

I can feel the loneliness and pain in your heart.

I am just like you, we have both drifted to this place and we have similar life experiences. .

Like you, I used to live in the capital and I also spent a time in the capital that made me feel happy and unforgettable.

The two of us may have seen each other in the capital, but we did not have a chance to meet. As fate would have it, we met here today.

 

I was originally a central government official. When I was demoted, I left the bustling capital and came to this remote town.

 

Since I came here last year, I have not adapted to the environment here, so I often get sick.

 

The house the government has provided for me is in a relatively low-lying and humid area. There are no other houses around my house and only reeds and bamboo surround the place where I live.

 

The geographical location of this small town is too remote and there are very few people living there. So almost all the people who live here are farmers. There are no cultural and artistic people in this town.

I haven't heard anyone play a musical instrument for over a year.

 

This idiom is used to describe two people who have drifted to the same place and had similar encounters in life.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever met someone whose life experience is very similar to yours? Have you ever had the experience of living alone for a long time in a foreign country?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 


                                  圖片出處為百度百科



 

同是天涯淪落人(We both drifted to this place and have similar life experiences.)

 

中國的唐王朝時代有一個著名的詩人,他的名字是(白居易)

他留下了3000多首詩,是所有唐代詩人中最多的一個人。

 

他在35歲的時候進入中央政府擔任一個中階官員。

他是一個正直的人,他經常向國王提出許多建議。

他也得罪了一些當權派。

西元815年他降職並被調派到現在中國的江西省。

西元816年的一天,他寫了一首敘事詩,這首詩共有612個字。

這首詩成為他的代表作品之一。

 

這首詩中,他描寫了一段他與一個中年的女性琵琶演奏家的奇遇。

在首詩中,這位女性琵琶演奏家在結束演出後,說了有關於她自已的人生故事。

他聽完這位女性演奏家說完自己的經歷後,他對這個女性演奏家說。

 

我剛才聽妳的琵琶演奏時,我感覺到非常的難過,我的心裡湧起了一股悲傷的情緒。

我聽完妳說的這些話後,我內心的難過與悲傷比剛才聽妳演奏琵琶時更加深了。

 

我非常能夠感受妳內心的寂寞與痛苦。

我跟妳一樣,我們兩個人都漂泊到這個地方而且我們有著類似的人生際遇。。

我跟妳一樣,以前都住在首都,我在首都也度過了一段令我感到快樂與難以忘記的時光。

我們兩個說不定曾經在首都中見過彼此,但我們那個時候沒有機會彼此認識,命運的安排任我們兩個仁今天卻在這裡相見。

 

我本來是一個中央政府的官員,因為我被貶官所以我才會到這個離開繁華熱鬧的首都到這座偏僻的小城市。

 

我自從去年來到這裡後,我很不適應這裡的環境,因此我常常生病。

政府安排給我的房子位於一個比較低窪又潮濕的地方,我的房子周圍沒有其他的住家,只有蘆葦與竹子包圍著我住的地方。

 

這座小城市的地理位置實在是太偏遠而且居住的人又非常的少,因此住在這裡的人幾乎都是農民,這座城市中沒有任何的文化與藝術的工作者。

我已經超過一年沒有聽到任何一個人演奏樂器的聲音了。

 

這一句成語被用來形容兩個漂泊到同一個地方而且有著類似的際遇的人生際遇。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否曾經遇過跟你的人生際遇很類似的人呢?你是否曾經有過自己一個人長時間住在外地的經驗呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

出處為白居易-琵琶行

https://www.classicalchineseliterature.org/article.php?article=%E7%90%B5%E7%90%B6%E8%A1%8C++%E4%B8%A6%E5%BA%8F

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...