1/24/2024

 

A soup made of water plants and a dish made of sea bass(蓴羹鱸膾)

 

In the Western Jin Dynasty of China, there was a famous minister named (Zhang Han).

There is a story about him in the history books.

 

He lived in the last years of the Western Jin Dynasty. At that time there were eight royal families in the Western Jin Dynasty, and they all wanted to compete for control of the central government. These eight royal families fought fiercely with each other.

 

One autumn, he was talking to a good friend of his from the same hometown, and he said to this friend

Now that the whole Western Jin Dynasty is in chaos, I want to resign because I do not want to get involved in the struggle between these royal families.

I wanted to leave, but my commander wouldn't let me.

You are a wise man and you understand my personality well.

What do you think I should do?

 

His friend heard his words and said to him sadly.

There are serious problems in the central government now. We are all worried, but none of us has the power to change the status quo.

 

His friend smiled and continued to talk to him.

I think you should resign. If you resign, I will resign with you.

After we quit our jobs, we can return to our hometown together.

 

After hearing what his friend said, he smiled and said to his friend.

Now that it is autumn, I suddenly remembered that when we were children, at this time of the year we always ate a soup made of water plants and a dish of sea bass.

 

What is the most important thing in life? I suddenly realised it.

The most important thing in life is to be comfortable and happy.

Why should I force myself to stay in the capital?

My current position is very high, I have a high social status and a good salary. People around me respect me because of my position, but inside I am very unhappy?

 

I have decided to hand in my resignation today. After I hand in my resignation, the two of us will return to our hometown immediately. I don't want to stay here even for a day.

 

The literal translation of this idiom is a soup of aquatic plants and a dish of sea bass.

The idiom is used to describe a person who misses his hometown very much.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you like your current job? Do you miss your hometown?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 


                            圖片出處為百度百科


蓴羹鱸膾(A soup made of water plants and a dish made of sea bass)

 

中國的西晉王朝,有一個著名的大臣,這個大臣的名叫做(張翰)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他生活在西晉王朝的末年,當時的西晉王朝中有八個皇族都想要爭奪中央政府的控制權,這八個皇族彼此之間發生了非常激烈的爭鬥。

 

有一年的秋天,他與他的一個跟他同一個故鄉的好朋友在聊天,他對這個朋友說。

現在整個西晉王朝陷入混亂的情況,我想要離職,因為我想要避免自己陷入這幾個皇族的鬥爭。

我想要離開但是我的長官不肯讓我走。

你是一個有智慧的人,而且你很了解我的個性。

你認為我應該要如何做呢?

 

他的朋友聽到他說的這些話後就很悲傷地對他說。

現在中央政府內發生了嚴重的問題,我們都很擔憂但我們兩個都沒有能力去改變現狀。

 

他的朋友說完這句話後微笑著繼續對他說。

我認為你應該要離職,如果你離職的話,我也會跟著你一起離職。

我們離職後可以一起回到我們的故鄉。

 

他聽完他的朋友的話後,他笑著對他的朋友說。

現在是秋天了,我突然想到我們小時候,每到這個季節我們就會吃一道水草做成的羹湯與一道鱸魚做成的料理。

 

人生中最重要的事情到底是什麼呢?我現在突然間領悟了。

人生中最重要的事情就是讓自己可以感覺到舒服與快樂。

我為何還要勉強自己繼續待在首都呢?

我現在的職位很高,我有很高的社會地位與很好的薪水,我周圍的人們都因為我的職位所以很尊敬我,但是我的內心卻很不快樂啊?

 

我決定了,我今天就要提出辭呈,我提出辭呈後我們兩個就立刻回去我們的故鄉吧。我連一天都不想在待在這個地方了。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是一道水草做的羹湯與一道鱸魚做的料理。

這句成語被用來形容一個人很想念自己的故鄉。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你喜歡你現在的工作嗎?你想念你的家鄉嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為晉書-張翰傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_46653FD803893E4FC684ED40E423E698.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...