1/13/2024

He secretly bribes(暮夜無知)

 

He secretly bribes(暮夜無知)

 

In the Eastern Han Dynasty of China, there was a famous minister named Yang Zhen.

There is a story about him in the history books.

 

He was an independent scholar who opened schools in his hometown and taught many students.

 

When he was 50 years old, he was hired as an official in the then central government.

A few years later, the king sent him to Donglai to serve as mayor.

On his way to Donglai, he passed through a town called Changyi.

The mayor of this city is called Wang Mi.

 

Wang Mi is a very talented young man. Because of his recommendation, Wang Mi can become the mayor of this city.

 

The night he stayed in Changyi City, when he was about to go to bed, he suddenly heard someone knocking at the door.

 

When he opened the door, he saw Wang Mi standing at the door of his room.

He felt confused, but invited Wang Mi into his room anyway.

 

After Wang Mi entered his room, he took out a five-kilogram piece of gold from his bag and put it on the table.

Wang Mi said to him

Because of your recommendation, I was able to become the mayor. I am very grateful to you, so I would like to give you this gift.

 

After hearing these words, he said to Wang Mi.

I refuse to accept such a valuable gift.

I recommend you because you are a talented person, not because I hope you will repay me.

Don't you know my personality? Your behaviour is dishonest and it is bribery.

 

After Wang Mi heard what he said, he lowered his voice and spoke to him.

Just accept this gift from me.

I was especially careful when I came here just now. No one saw me come to you secretly.

It's very late now, I'm sure no one knows I gave you this gift.

 

After hearing these words, he said seriously to Wang Mi.

Why do you say that no one knows?

I know it, you know it. The heavens know, and the earth knows. How can you think that your bribery of me will never be discovered?

 

I repeat, I will not accept this expensive gift.

 

Having heard this, Wang Mi felt ashamed, picked up the gold on the table and left.

 

The literal translation of this idiom is that it is very late now, and I can guarantee that no one will know that I am trying to bribe you.

This idiom is used to describe a person who secretly engages in bribery.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

If you were him, would you accept the bribe? When you help others, do you expect to be rewarded by this person?

I hope this story can help you gain something.

 



                                     圖片出處為百度百科



暮夜無知(He secretly bribes)

 

中國的東漢王朝,有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做楊震。

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他是一個獨立的學者,他在他的家鄉開設學校教導了很多學生。

 

50歲的時候受聘進入當時的中央政府擔任官員。

幾年後,他被國王差派到東萊這個地方擔任市長。

他再前往東萊市就任的途中經過了一座城市,這座城市的名字叫做(昌邑)

這座城市的市長的名字叫做王密。

 

王密是一個很有才能的年輕人,因為他的推薦所以王密才可以當上這座城市的市長。

 

他住在昌邑市內的那一天晚上,他準備要睡覺的時候,他突然聽到有人敲門。

 

他打開房門後,他看到王密就站在他的房間門口。

他覺得很疑惑,但他還是邀請王密進入他的房間。

 

王密進了他的房間內後就從自己的包包內拿出了一塊重達五公斤的黃金放在桌上。

王密對他說。

之前因為你的推薦,所以我才可以當上市長,我很感謝你所以想送你這個禮物。

 

他聽到這些話後他對王密說。

我拒絕接受這個如此貴重的禮物。

我推薦你是因為你是一個有才能的人,我推薦你成為市長並不是因為我希望你能回報我。

你難道不知道我的個性嗎?你的這件行為是不正直的,你的這件行為是賄絡的行為。

 

王密聽完他的話後就放低音量對他說。

你就收下我這個禮物吧。

我剛才來到這裡的途中我特別的小心防範,沒有任何人看到我偷偷來找你。

現在時間已經很晚了,我敢保證沒有人知道我送你這個禮物。

 

他聽到這些話後就很嚴肅的對王密說。

你為何說沒有任何人知道這件事情呢。

我知道這件事情,你知道這件事情。天空知道這件事情,大地也知道這件事情,你怎麼會認為你賄絡我這件事情永遠不會被發現呢?

 

我再次跟你重複一次,我不收這個貴重的禮物。

 

王密聽了這句話後很羞愧的拿起桌上的黃金離開。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是現在時間已經很晚了,我敢保證沒有人知道我要賄絡你。

這句成語被用來形容一個人暗中進行賄絡。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或是想法呢。

你如果是他,你會接受這個賄絡嗎?你幫助別人的時候,你是否會期待一定要受到這個人的回報呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。

 

 

出處為後漢書-楊震傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/%E5%BE%8C%E6%BC%A2%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B754

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...