1/27/2024

It’s as easy as spitting(唾手可得)

 

It’s as easy as spitting(唾手可得)

 

A famous warlord in China's Eastern Han Dynasty, his name was (Gongsun Zan).

There is a story about him recorded in the history books.

 

After the fall of China's New Dynasty, many warlords emerged across China.

He was born in this era.

 

After he became a warlord, he established his administrative center in the city of Yijing.

The city was in what is now Hebei Province, China.

 

The city is located on a hill and it would be very difficult for the enemy to attack the city.

In order to strengthen the city's defense capabilities, he dug ten trenches around the city.

He built the walls of the city very high and strong, and he built a tall building in the center of the city, and he lived in this tall building.

He stored a lot of food in the city.

 

his subordinates asked him.

Why did you order the soldiers to build so many defensive fortifications and let us garrison the city?

We believe that our most important task now is to lead the army to attack other warlords and occupy more land.

 

He smiled and said to his subordinates.

When I built this army, I originally thought that with my intelligence, I could quickly defeat all the warlords and build a new kingdom.

I thought building a new kingdom would be as simple as spitting on my hand.

 

But after this period of fighting, I came to a new conclusion.

I think the situation in China is very chaotic now. There are many warlords appearing all over China.

If I attack these warlords now, it will greatly consume our military power.

Therefore, I decided to wait patiently and conserve my strength.

After these warlords fight each other and consume a lot of military strength, I will launch an attack on these warlords.

This way I can win the final victory in the easiest way.

 

He laughed and said to his subordinates.

Let’s just live patiently in this city.

We wait quietly and watch the situation change.

 

The direct translation of this idiom means it is as simple as spitting on my hand.

This idiom is used to describe something that can be accomplished very easily.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you think the subsequent results will be as he planned? Have you ever tried to predict the future world situation?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                              圖片出處為百度百科



唾手可得(It’s as easy as spitting)

 

中國的東漢時代的一個著名的軍閥,他的名字叫做(公孫瓚)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

中國的東漢時代的一個著名的軍閥,他的名字叫做(公孫瓚)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

中國新朝滅亡後,中國各地出現了許多軍閥。

他出生在這個時代。

 

他成為軍閥後,在易京城建立了自己的行政中心。

該城市位於現在的中國河北省。

 

這座城市位於山上,如果敵人要攻打這座城市會非常困難。

他為了強化這座城市的防守能力,他在這座城市的周圍挖了十道壕溝。

這座城市的城牆他蓋得非常很高又很堅固,他在這座城市的中心蓋了一座高樓,他就住在這座高樓裡面。

他在這座城市中存放了很多的食物。

 

他的下屬問他。

為什麼要命令士兵修築這麼多防禦工事,讓我們駐守城池?

我們認為,現在我們最重要的任務是帶領軍隊進攻其他軍閥,佔領更多的土地。

 

他微笑著對著屬下說。

當我建立這支軍隊時,我原本以為憑藉我的智慧,可以很快擊敗所有軍閥,建立一個新的王國。

我以為建立一個新王國就像往我手上吐口水一樣簡單。

 

但經過這段時間的戰鬥,我得出了新的結論。

我認為現在中國的局勢非常混亂。 中國各地出現了許多軍閥。

如果我現在去攻擊這些軍閥,將會大大消耗我們的軍力。

所以,我決定耐心等待,保存體力。

等這些軍閥互相爭鬥,消耗了大量的兵力之後,我就會對這些軍閥發動攻擊。

這樣我就能用最簡單的方式贏得最後的勝利。

 

他笑著對屬下說。

讓我們在這個城市裡,耐心地生活。

我們靜靜等待,觀察事態的變化。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是就像是我吐一口口水到我的手上一樣那麼簡單。

這句成語被用來形容一件事情非常容易就可以完成。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為後來的結果會如同他所規劃的嗎?你是否曾經嘗試過預測未來的世界情勢呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為三國志-魏書8-公孫瓚

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_4850.html

出處為九州春秋-39

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=gb&chapter=205693

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...