1/16/2024

Li Jiang(李絳/深之)

 

Li Jiang(李絳) (764 AD - 830 AD)

His surname was Li, and his parents gave him the name Jiang. As he grew up, his friends called him Shenzhi. He was born in Hebei Province, China.

 

It means plum tree. It is also one of the Chinese family names.

It means dark red.

It means a very deep meaning. It means something profound.

It means growth. This word has many meanings, but only one meaning is listed here.

 

 

He was a famous minister in the Tang Dynasty. There is a story about him in the history books.

 

One day the king asked him.

We often worry that we have made the wrong decision, and we often regret the wrong decision we have made. How do you think I should avoid that?

 

He replied with a smile.

I have read many books on ancient history, and I would like to share with you my experience from reading these books.

Even if a person has a very high moral character and is very intelligent, it is impossible for that person to make mistakes.

Therefore, many wise kings in ancient times would keep an open mind. These kings with good political records would ask the opinions of upright ministers before making decisions.

 

The king smiled and said to him after hearing what he had said.

You are an upright minister, but every time I hear your advice to me, I feel like a fish bone stuck in my throat when I eat fish. I feel very uncomfortable. I often get angry because of your criticism. .

 

After hearing these words, he smiled and said to the king

Although you were angry because of my criticism, you never punished me for my criticism.

On the contrary, you always listen to me after you are angry. I think you are a great king.

 

The king once followed the advice of a minister who was a good sycophant.

The king wanted to erect a stone tablet in a temple in the capital, with an inscription praising the king's political achievements.

When he heard about this, he objected to the king.

 

He said to the king.

The famous virtuous kings who founded the Tang Dynasty and led it to prosperity were very modest. These kings did not erect stone tablets and were proud of their achievements.

Do you think your ability and performance in governing the country has surpassed those kings?

Our kingdom is indeed getting better every day under your leadership.

But there are still many unresolved problems in our kingdom. Do you think now is the time for you to show off your achievements?

 

When the king heard what he had said, he said to him in shame.

You are right, I should not be proud and complacent because of my small achievements.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever had a fish bone stuck in your throat? Do you accept criticism and advice from your good friends?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 




                                        圖片出處為百度百科



李絳(Li Jiang )(西元764年-西元830)

 

他的姓是李,他的父母給他取的名字是絳,長大後朋友稱呼他的名字是深之,他出生地位於在中國的河北省。

 

意思是李子樹的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

意思是深紅色的意思。

意思是深的意思。意思是深厚的意思。

意思是生長的意思。這個字的字義很豐富,這邊只列舉一個意思。

 

 

他是一位唐王朝一個著名的大臣。歷史書上記載過一個關於他的故事。

 

有一天國王問他。

我們常常會擔憂自己做錯決策,我們常常會因為自己做的錯誤的決策後悔。你認為我應該如何避免這種情況呢?

 

他笑著回答。

我讀過很多古代的歷史書,根據我看這些書的心得我提出來跟你分享。

就算一個人的品德水平非常高而且非常有智慧,但這個人也不可能不會犯錯。

因此古代的很多很明智的國王會保持著開放的心態,這些政績很好的國王在做決策前會詢問那些正直的大臣的意見。

 

國王聽完他的話後笑著對他說。

你就是一個正直的大臣,但我每次聽到你勸誡我的話的感覺就像是吃魚的時候,有一根魚刺卡在喉嚨,我會覺得非常的難受,我常常會因為你的諍言而生氣。

 

他聽完這些話後笑著對國王說。

你雖然因為我的諍言而生氣,但你從來沒有因為我的諍言而處罰我。

相反的,你在生氣過後總是會聽我的意見,我認為你是一個很棒的國王。

 

國王有一次聽從一個很會拍馬屁的大臣的建議。

國王要在首都的一間寺院內立一塊石碑,這塊石碑上面刻著讚美國王的政績的一篇文章。

他聽到這件事後就對國王提出他的諍言。

 

他對國王說。

建立唐王朝的與帶領唐王朝變的興盛的那幾位著名的賢能國王都很虛心,這些國王都沒有立石碑並且因為自己的功績而變得驕傲。

難道你認為你的能力與治理國家個績效已經超過了這些國王了嗎?

我們王國在你的帶領之下,的確已經一天比一天更好。

但我們王國中目前還有很多問題尚未解決,難道你認為現在就是你可以驕傲地彰顯自己的功勞的時刻嗎?

 

國王聽完他的話後很羞愧地對他說。

你說的是對的,我不應該因為自己的小小成果就驕傲與自滿。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你曾經有被魚刺卡在喉嚨的經驗嗎?你是否會接受你的好朋友對你的批評與勸戒呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。


出處為舊唐書--164-李絳傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E8%88%8A%E5%94%90%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B7164

 

出處為新唐書-152-李絳傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E6%96%B0%E5%94%90%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B7152


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...