2/10/2024

He is very attentive when studying and loves to learn(篤志好學)

 

He is very attentive when studying and loves to learn(篤志好學)

 

During the Northern and Southern Dynasties of China, there was a famous writer and minister in the Nanliang Kingdom, his name was (Shen Yue). There is a story about him recorded in the history books.

 

His father died when he was very young, and his mother raised him by herself.

When he grew up he went to school. When he was studying, he was very attentive and loved to learn.

He could sit at his desk all day and study hard without ever getting tired.

 

Some nights his mother would say to him.

It's getting late, you should get some rest.

he told his mother with a smile.

Thank you for your concern. I will go to bed right away. When the oil in the oil lamp I use for lighting runs out, I will go to bed immediately.

 

His mother felt sorry for him when she saw him concentrating so much on his studies. His mother was afraid that his body would get sick because he was too tired, so later his mother thought of a way.

His mother would secretly pour out some of the oil from his oil lamp when he went to the toilet in the middle of studying.

His mother used this as a way to get him to rest early.

 

As he grew up, he maintained his love of reading and collected more than 20,000 books.

But he is not the kind of person who only knows how to collect books but not how to share them.

 

In his later years, he met a young writer named (Wang Yun).

He thought that Wang Yun was the most literary among the young people he knew.

 

He once said to Wang Yun.

I once read the biography of a famous scholar from Han Dynasty.

This scholar collected a lot of books. This scholar gives books to his good friends. This scholar is very happy to share them.

 

I like this scholar's views on books very much, so I often give books to my good friends.

But in recent years, all my good friends have died one by one, and it has been a long time since I met someone to give the book to.

 

I am so happy that I can still meet you when I am old. I feel very surprised and admired when I read your article. I have some books here, and I think you are more worthy to have them than I am. So I want to give them to you.

 

This idiom means that he is very attentive when he studies and loves to learn.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have your friends ever given you books? What are your favourite books?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                       圖片出處為百度百科

 

篤志好學(He is very attentive when studying and loves to learn)

 

中國的南北王朝時代,南梁王國有一個著名的文學家與大臣),他的名字叫做(沈約)。歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他的爸爸在他很小的時候就死了,他的媽媽一個人很辛苦地扶養他長大。

他長大後他進了學校讀書,他讀書的時候非常的專心他很熱愛學習。

他可以一整天都坐在書桌前,他彷彿都不會疲倦般的用功念書。

 

有好幾次的晚上,他的媽媽對他說。

現在已經很晚了,你應該要休息了。

他笑著對他的媽媽說。

謝謝妳的關心,我馬上就去睡,等我用來照明的這個油燈的油用完,我就立刻去睡覺。

 

他的媽媽看到他如此專心唸書,他的媽媽很心疼他,他的媽媽擔心他的身體會因為太疲勞而生病,所以他的媽媽後來想到一個方法。

他的媽媽會利用他唸書唸到一半去上廁所的時候,偷偷的把他的油燈的油倒掉一些。

他的媽媽利用這個方式讓他早點休息。

 

他長大之後,他保持他非常愛看書的習慣,他蒐集了超過兩萬本書。

但是他不是一個只曉得蒐集書而不知道分享的人。

 

他晚年的時候,認識了一個年輕的文學家,這個文學家的名字叫做(王筠)

他認為王筠是他所認識的年輕人中最有文學才華的人。

 

他有一次對王筠說。

我以前看過一本漢王朝的著名學者的傳記。

這個學者蒐集了很多書,這個學者會送書給他的好朋友們,這個學者很樂於分享。

 

我很喜歡這個學者對書的看法,所以我也常常送書給我的好朋友們。

但是這幾年來,我的好朋友們一個一個都過世了,我很久沒有遇到我想把書給他的人了。

 

我太開心了,我在年老的時候還可以遇到你,讀到你的文章我覺得非常的驚喜與敬佩,我這邊有好幾本書,我覺得你比我更適合擁有這幾本書,所以我想把這幾本書送給你。

 

這句成語的意思是他讀書的時候非常的專心他很熱愛學習。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的朋友曾經送你書嗎?你最喜歡的書是那幾本呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為南史-13-沈約傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_6878.html

出處為梁書-33-王筠傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E6%A2%81%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B733

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...