4/03/2024

He is a very straightforward person and not bound by etiquette.(千里一曲)

 

He is a very straightforward person and not bound by etiquette.(千里一曲)

 

There was a famous minister in China's Eastern Jin Dynasty, his name was Zhou Yi.

There are two stories about him in the history books.

 

He is very witty and will respond with humour when others criticise or make fun of him.

 

One day a friend said to him

I think you are too pretentious. When you talk to your close friends and family, your words and actions become very vulgar.

I think you should think about this unpleasant fault of yours and improve it.

 

he said to his friend with a smile.

The total length of the Yangtze, the longest river in China, may exceed 10,000 kilometres. Such a large river cannot be completely straight. There must be bends in such a big river.

 

My morality is as high as the Yangtze, and like the Yangtze, I cannot be completely without fault.

 

One day he met an old friend whom he had not seen for a long time.

He said to his old friend.

Long time no see. You seem to have put on weight recently. Have you come across anything recently that makes you happy?

 

His friend smiled at him.

You seem to have lost weight recently? Have you come across anything recently that makes you angry?

 

He replied with a smile.

I haven't encountered anything bad lately.

 

Recently I feel that my body and mind have become very clean and my life pattern has reached a higher level.

I feel that a lot of the dirt and problems in my body have been eliminated as my mind has grown.

I think this is the real reason why I lost weight.

 

After saying these words he smiled and said to his friend

Then why have you gained weight?

 

The literal translation of this saying is that a big river cannot be completely straight. The river must have bends.

It is used to describe a person who is straightforward and not bound by etiquette.

 

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Are you a person bound by etiquette? Is your current state of mind good or bad?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                               圖片出處為維基百科



千里一曲(He is a very straightforward person and not bound by etiquette.)

 

中國的東晉王朝有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(周顗)

歷史書上記載了兩個他的故事。

 

他非常的機智,當別人指責他或是跟他開玩笑時,他都會用幽默的方式應對。

 

有一天,有一個朋友對他說。

我認為你太放肆了,你在跟與你親近的朋友與家人說話時,你的言語與動作都會變得非常得粗俗。

我認為你要反省並且改進你這項令人不喜歡的缺點。

 

他笑著對這個朋友說。

中國最長的河流長江總長可能超過一萬公里,那麼偉大的河流也不可能完全筆直,這麼偉大的河也一定會有彎曲的地方。

 

我的道德高尚就像是長江一樣,我也像長江一樣不可能完全沒有缺點啊。

 

有一天,他與他的一個很久不見的老朋友碰面。

他對他的這個老朋友說。

好久不見,你最近好像變胖了呢,你最近遇到甚麼令你開心的事嗎?

 

他的朋友笑著對他說。

你最近好像變瘦了呢?你是最近遇到甚麼讓你煩惱的事嗎。

 

他笑的回答他的朋友。

我最近沒有遇到甚麼倒楣的事。

 

我最近覺得我的身體與心靈都變得很乾淨,我的人生格局達到一個更高的境界。

我覺得我的身體的污穢與煩惱都隨著我的心靈的成長而消除了很多。

我想這是我變瘦的真正原因。

 

他說完這些話後笑著對他的朋友說。

那你為何變胖了呢?

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是一條大河也不可能完全筆直,這條河一定會有彎曲的地方。

這句成語被用來形容一個人很直率而且不被禮節約束。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是一個被禮節所約束的人嗎?你最近的心靈狀態好還是不好呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為世說新語-言語-30

https://ctext.org/shi-shuo-xin-yu/yan-yu/zh

出處為世說新語-仁誕-25

https://ctext.org/shi-shuo-xin-yu/ren-dan/zh


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...