5/16/2024

I reach into a leather bag and take something out(探囊取物)

 

 

I reach into a leather bag and take something out(探囊取物)

 

China's period from 907 to 960 AD was known as the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms. It was a very turbulent 50 years for China.

 

There were a total of five dynasties in northern China. These five dynasties were the Later Liang Dynasty, the Later Tang Dynasty, the Later Jin Dynasty, the Later Han Dynasty and the Later Zhou Dynasty.

A total of ten kingdoms were established in South China. These ten kingdoms are Yangwu Kingdom, Southern Tang Kingdom, Wuyue Kingdom, Min Kingdom, Northern Han Kingdom, Early Shu Kingdom, Late Shu Kingdom, Jingnan Kingdom, Machu Kingdom, Southern Han Kingdom.

 

There were two famous ministers in the Later Tang Dynasty. Their names were Li Gu and Han Xizai.

There is a story about them in the history books.

 

Han Xizai's father was sentenced to death by the king of the Later Tang Dynasty for his involvement in a rebellion.

Han Xizai received news that he would also be arrested for this case, so he planned to escape from the Later Tang Kingdom.

 

Li Gu was his good friend, and Li Gu decided to help Han Xizai escape from the Later Tang Kingdom at this critical moment.

The night before Han Xizai was to leave the Later Tang Kingdom, Li Gu and Han Xizai had a dinner for two.

 

The atmosphere of this dinner was very heavy, because both of them knew that after this separation they might never see each other again in their lives.

 

The two of them chatted and reminisced about the time they had spent together, and both drank a lot of Chinese rice wine.

 

Suddenly, Han Xizai said to Li Gu.

We don't need to be so sad. After I escaped to the Yangwu Kingdom, I thought my talents were outstanding. I thought that the Yangwu Kingdom would definitely appoint me as prime minister.

After I become Prime Minister of Yangwu Kingdom, the military and economic strength of Yangwu Kingdom will be greatly improved under my leadership. In a few years, I will lead the army of Yang Wu Kingdom to attack the Later Tang Kingdom.

After my army defeats the Later Tang and unifies all of China, we can meet again.

 

Li Gu laughed after hearing Han Xizai's words.

Li Gu replied to Han Xizai.

I don't think we need to wait for many years. My talents are better than yours. After you leave the Later Tang Kingdom, the king of the Later Tang Kingdom will definitely give me more military and political power.

After I have mastered these powers, I think unifying China will be as easy for me as reaching into a leather bag and taking something out.

I guess we don't have to wait a few years, and we might see each other again next year.

 

This idiom is used to describe something that is very easy to achieve.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

If you were Li Gu, would you help Han Xizai escape? Do you have any good friends that you haven't seen for decades but would like to see again?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                           圖片出處為維基百科



探囊取物(I reach into a leather bag and take something out)

 

中國在西元907-西元960年這段期間被稱為五代十國,這50多年的時間中國非常動亂。

 

當時的中國的北方總共歷經了五個王朝,這五個王朝分別是後梁王朝、後唐王朝、後晉王朝、後漢王朝、後周王朝。

中國的南方總共建立過十個王國,這十個王國分別是楊吳王國、南唐王國、吳越王國、閩王國、北漢王國、前蜀王國、後蜀王國、荊南王國、馬楚王國、南漢王國。

 

當時的後唐王朝有兩個著名的大臣,這兩個大臣的名字是李穀與韓熙載。

歷史書上記載了一個他們兩個人的故事。

 

韓熙載的父親因為牽涉到一件叛亂的案件,所以被後唐王國的國王處以死刑。

韓熙載收到消息說自己也會因為這個案件被逮捕,所以他便計畫逃離後唐王國。

 

李穀是他的好朋友,李穀在這個關鍵時刻選擇協助韓熙載逃離後唐王國。

韓熙載要離開後唐王國的前一夜,李穀與韓熙載吃了一頓只有兩個人的晚餐。

 

這場晚餐的氣氛非常沉重,因為兩個人都知道這次分別之後,兩個人可能這輩子都無法再次相見。

 

他們兩個人一起聊天,一邊回憶曾經一起度過的時光,兩個人都喝了很多中國米酒。

 

突然,韓熙載對李穀說。

我們不用如此悲傷,等我逃亡到楊吳王國之後,我認為我的才能很卓越,我認為楊吳王國一定會聘任我擔任宰相。

等我擔任楊吳王國的宰相之後,在我的管理之下,楊吳王國的軍事與經濟實力會大幅提升,幾年之後,我就會帶領楊吳王國的軍隊來攻打後唐王國。

等我的軍隊打敗後唐王國並且統一整個中國後,我們就可以再次見面了。

 

李穀聽完韓熙載說的話後大笑。

李穀回答韓熙載。

我認為我們不用等到好幾年,我的才能比你更卓越,你離開後唐王國之後,後唐王國的國王一定會把更多的軍事與政治權力交給我。

等我掌握了這些力量後,我認為統一中國對我而言就像是我伸手到一個皮袋中拿一個東西出來一樣的容易。

我想我們不用等好幾年,我們可能明年就會再次見面了。

 

這句成語被用來形容一件事情非常容易辦成。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是李穀,你會幫忙韓熙載逃亡嗎?你是否有好幾十年沒有見面但很期待再次相見的好朋友呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為新五代史-62-南唐世家第二

https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/%E6%96%B0%E4%BA%94%E4%BB%A3%E5%8F%B2/%E5%8D%B762

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...