5/27/2024

Infantry Battalion Kitchen(步兵之營)

 

Infantry Battalion Kitchen(步兵之營)

 

 

In the Chinese kingdom of Cao Wei, there was a famous minister who was also a famous writer and poet. His name was Ruan Ji, and a story about him is recorded in history books.

 

At the time he lived, the most powerful man in the Cao Wei Kingdom was called Sima Zhao.

He was only one year older than Sima Zhao, and he had been very close to Sima Zhao since childhood.

 

To consolidate his power, Sima Zhao killed many ministers who disobeyed his orders.

Many of the ministers who disobeyed Sima Zhao and were killed were his good friends.

 

Sima Zhao's actions of killing his good friends made him feel painful, but he had no way to stop or change Sima Zhao.

So he turned to alcohol to escape the reality that he didn't know how to change.

 

One day he said to Sima Zhao

I have heard that there is a vacancy for a middle-ranking military officer in the infantry battalion in the capital. I hope you will let me fill it.

 

Sima Zhao asked him.

Your talents are very good, and you are my good friend. I can arrange an important position for you.

I'm curious why you want to work in an infantry battalion.

 

He said to Sima Zhao with a smile.

Because I've studied Taoist thought, I don't have much desire for power and money.

I have heard that there is a special unit in the infantry battalion. This unit is responsible for brewing Chinese rice wine, and the Chinese rice wine brewed by this unit is particularly good. The kitchen of the infantry battalion stores more than 15,000 litres of Chinese rice wine.

I wanted this position so that I could drink Chinese rice wine brewed by the infantry battalion every day.

 

Sima Zhao smiled after hearing his answer.

Ha ha. I've known you since childhood, and I know I can't force you to do something you don't want to do.

I will grant your request and let you take this position.

 

The literal translation of this idiom is the kitchen of the infantry battalion.

This idiom is now used to describe a place where a lot of good wine is kept.

This idiom is also used to describe a place where you can drink to your heart's content.

 

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Would you force your friend to do something he didn't want to do? Do you think he really asked for the job because he wanted to drink?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 


                                           圖片出處為百度百科


步兵之營(Infantry Battalion Kitchen)

 

中國的曹魏王國,有一個著名的大臣,他也是一個著名的文學家與詩人,他的名字叫做阮籍,歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他生活的時代,曹魏王國掌握最大權力的人叫做司馬昭。

他只比司馬昭大一歲,他從小就跟司馬昭非常親近。

 

司馬昭為了鞏固自己的權力所以殺害了很多不服從他的命令的大臣。

這些不服從司馬昭而被殺的大臣中很多位是他的好朋友。

 

司馬昭殺了他的好朋友的這些行為讓他覺得痛苦,但是他沒有能力去阻止與改變司馬昭。

因此他藉由酗酒這個方式來逃避這個令他覺得不知道該如何改變的現實。

 

有一天,他對司馬昭說。

我聽說首都的步兵營有一個中級武官的職缺,希望你讓我擔任那個職位。

 

司馬昭問他。

你的才能很好,你又是我好朋友,我可以為你安排一個重要的職位。

我很好奇,我想知道你為何想去步兵營工作。

 

他笑著對司馬昭說。

我因為學習道家的思想,我對於權力與金錢沒有太大的慾望。

我聽說步兵營中有一個特別的單位,這個單位負責釀造中國米酒,而且這個單位所釀的中國米酒特別好,步兵營中的廚房中,儲藏的超過15000公升的中國米酒。

我想擔任這個職位因為這樣我才可以每天喝步兵營所釀造的中國米酒。

 

司馬昭聽完他的回答後笑著說。

哈哈。我跟你從小認識到大,我知道我無法勉強你做你不想要做的事情。

我就答應你的要求,讓你擔任這個職位。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是步兵營的廚房。

這句成語現在被用來形容一個儲存的很多好酒的地方。

這句成語也被用來形容一個可以盡情喝酒的地方。

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你會勉強你的朋友做他不願意的事嗎?你認為他真正是因為想喝酒所以才要求擔任這個職位嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為晉書-列傳49-阮籍傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E6%99%89%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B7049

出處為世說新語-任誕-5

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E4%B8%96%E8%AA%AA%E6%96%B0%E8%AA%9E/%E4%BB%BB%E8%AA%95

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...