6/29/2024

After I ride the war horse to the battlefield, I will win quickly(馬到成功)

 

 

After I ride the war horse to the battlefield, I will win quickly(馬到成功)

 

In China's Yuan Dynasty, there was a mysterious playwright who wrote many plays. His name was Zheng Tingyu.

He wrote more than 23 plays, most of which are lost.

Among his only five surviving plays, one is based on a historical story between the Chu Kingdom and the Wu Kingdom in China's Spring and Autumn Period.

 

The outline of the story in the second half of the first act of the play is as follows.

 

In the Spring and Autumn Period of China, the king of the Wu Kingdom had three swords. One day, the King of the Wu Kingdom discovered that one of the three swords (Zhanlu) was missing.

 

After investigating, the King of Wu Kingdom discovered that the sword was actually in the hands of the King of Chu Kingdom.

The King of Wu was very angry, so he wrote a letter to the King of Chu asking him to return the sword.

The king of Chu Kingdom did not admit that the sword was in his hand.

He was not willing to return the sword.

 

The King of Wu Kingdom made a decision after calling a military meeting.

The King of Wu Kingdom said to a general named Wu Zixu

I order you to lead an army of 400,000 men to attack the Kingdom of Chu.

I will let the famous military strategist who wrote Sun Tzu's Art of War be your military staff officer.

I have also asked a general who has fought in many wars to be your deputy.

You must win this battle and take back the sword that belongs to me from the hands of the King of Chu Kingdom.

 

Wu Zixu replied after hearing the king's order.

I will definitely complete this task.

My father and brother were originally loyal ministers of the Chu Kingdom. However, because the king of the Chu Kingdom was very ignorant, he believed the lies of a very treacherous prime minister named Fei Wuji of the Chu Kingdom.

He ordered my father and brother to be killed.

Originally, I wanted to find a way to avenge my father and brother, so I had a good understanding of the internal military and political information of the Chu Kingdom.

You have given me this opportunity today, and I will definitely take advantage of it.

I have made sufficient preparations, and I believe that when I ride my horse into the battlefield, I will soon be victorious.

 

A few days after receiving the order, Wu Zixu set out with his army.

The king of the Chu Kingdom was in a state of panic upon receiving this news, for he knew that the military strength of the Chu Kingdom was no match for the 400,000-strong army of the Wu Kingdom.

So the king of the Chu Kingdom immediately held an emergency session. After the meeting, he immediately sent an envoy to the Qin Kingdom to ask for help.

 

The literal translation of this idiom is that after I ride a war horse into the battlefield, I will soon win.

The idiom is used to describe a person who completes a thing or task quickly and smoothly.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever held a grudge against someone? Would you want revenge or have you already forgiven that person?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                   圖片出處為百度百科

 

馬到成功(After I ride the war horse to the battlefield, I will win quickly)

 

中國的元王朝有一個寫了很多齣戲劇的神秘的劇作家,他的名字叫做鄭廷玉。

他創作了超過23齣戲劇,其中大部分都已經佚失了。

他僅存的5齣戲劇中,有一齣是根據中國的春秋時代楚王國與吳王國之間的一段歷史故事加以改編而成。

 

在這齣戲第一幕的下半段的故事大綱如下。

 

中國的春秋時代,吳王國的國王有三把寶劍,有一天,吳王國的國王發現這三把寶劍中,有一把名字叫做(湛盧)的寶劍不見了。

 

吳王國的國王在經過調查之後,他發現這把寶劍竟然在楚王國的國王手上。

吳王國的國王很生氣,就寫信給楚王國的國王並且要求楚王國的國王歸還這把寶劍。

楚王國的國王不承認寶劍在他的手上。

他不願意歸還這把寶劍。

 

吳王國的國王在召開一場軍事會議後做出了一個決定。

吳王國的國王對一個伍子胥的大將軍說。

我命令你帶領一支共40萬人的堆軍隊去攻打楚王國。

我會讓寫下孫子兵法的著名軍事家當你的軍事參謀。

我另外讓一個參加過很多場戰爭的將軍當你的副手。

你一定要打贏這場仗,並且把那把屬於我的寶劍從楚王國的國王的手中奪回來。

 

伍子胥聽到國王的命令後回答國王。

我一定會完成這個任務。

我的父親與哥哥原本是楚王國的一個非常忠誠的大臣,但是由於楚王國的國王非常的愚昧,他聽信現在楚王國的一個名字叫做費無忌的非常奸詐的宰相的謊話。

他下令殺了我的父親和我的哥哥。

 

我原本就很想要找到一個機會為我的父親與哥哥報仇,所以我對楚王國內部的軍事訊息與政治信息都有掌握得很充分。

今天你給了我這個機會,我一定會好好把握。

我已經做了足準備,我相信當我騎著戰馬到戰場之後,我很快就能取得勝利。

 

收到命令的幾天後,伍子胥帶著軍隊出發。

楚王國的國王收到這個情報後感到非常的惶恐,因為他知道楚王國的軍力無法與吳王國的40萬人的軍隊相抗衡。

所以楚王國的國王立刻召開一場緊急會議,會議後立刻派遣一個使者到秦王國尋求支援。

 

這句話直接翻譯的意思是我騎著戰馬到戰場之後,我很快就能取得勝利

這句成語被用來形容一個人快速且順利的完成一件事情或一個任務。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否曾經跟誰有仇呢?你會想要報仇還是你已經原諒這個人了呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為全元曲雜劇-鄭廷玉-楚昭王疏者下船-第一折

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=gb&chapter=930101

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...