6/22/2024

Chu Suiliang (褚遂良/登善)

 

 

Chu Suiliang (褚遂良)(596 AD - 658 AD)

His surname is (Chu), his parents gave him the name (Suiliang), and when he grew up his friends called him (Dengshan). He was born in Zhejiang Province, China.

 

It means clothes made of silk floss. It means to store. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

It means smooth. This word has many meanings, but only one is listed here.

It means good. It is also a Chinese surname.

It means rising. This word has many meanings, but only one meaning is listed here.

It means kindness. It is also a Chinese surname.

 

He is an outstanding politician. He is also one of the most famous calligraphers in Chinese history.

There is a story about him in the history books.

 

He had a very special position. The main task of this position was to observe the king of the Tang dynasty closely and to record the important events or words that the king did and experienced in his daily life.

 

One day the king asked him

You will record everything I do, right?

 

He replied.

Correct.

 

The king asked him.

Then I want to see what you have recorded about me.

 

He replied.

I can't show you what I have written.

 

The king asked him.

Why don't you show me what you have written?

 

He replied.

The origin of my position goes back to the Zhou Dynasty in China.

The original purpose of this position was to hope that the king of a kingdom would be less likely to do bad things because someone would record his behaviour and attitude every day, and the king would become careful about what he said and did.

In order to prevent the people in this position from being influenced by the king, the kings of ancient China would not kill the people in this position out of anger, so the Zhou dynasty established a rule from the beginning. This rule is that the king is absolutely unable to look through what someone in my position has written.

 

Asked the king.

Did you actually write down the bad things I did?

 

He replied.

I have a clear record of everything you do, whether it's good or bad.

 

The king thought for a few minutes and then said to him.

After I die, the record you have written will be seen by all the Chinese people in future generations.

I want to be a king who is respected by future generations, so I will remember these three points every day from today.

The first point is that I must study the history books and remind myself not to make the mistakes that failed kings made in ancient times.

The second point is that I must find more people who are able and willing to point out my shortcomings to help me run the Tang Dynasty.

The third point is that I must stay away from those flattering people and reflect on what I have done every day.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever recorded what you have done in your daily life? How long has it been since you have reviewed and reflected on your behaviour?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                    圖片出處為百度百科




褚遂良(Chu Suiliang )(西元596-西元658)

 

他的姓是(),他的父母給他取的名字是(遂良),長大後朋友稱呼他的名字是(登善),他出生地位於在中國的浙江省。

 

意思是絲綿做成的衣服的意思。意思是儲藏的意思。也是中國的人姓氏之一。

意思是順利的意思。這個字的字義很豐富,這邊只列舉一個意思。

意思是良好的意思。也是中國的人姓氏之一。

意思是上升的意思。這個字的字義很豐富,這邊只列舉一個意思。

意思是善良的意思。也是中國的人姓氏之一。

 

他是一位傑出的政治家。他也是中國歷史上最著名的書法家之一。

歷史書上記載過一個關於他的故事。

 

他擔任過一個很特別的職務,這個職務的工作內容主要是近身觀察唐王朝的國王,並且記錄下國王日常生活中所做的與所經歷過的重要的事件或言語。

 

有一天,國王問他。

我做的任何事情,你都會記錄下來對嗎?

 

他回答。

沒有錯。

 

國王問他。

那我想看一下你記錄了我那些事情。

 

他回答。

我不可以給你看我寫了甚麼。

 

國王問他。

你為何不給我看你寫的東西呢?

 

他回答。

我的這個職位的起源是從中國的周王朝就開始。

當初設立這個職位的目的,就是希望一個王國的國王可以因為有人每天會記錄自己的行為與態度,所以這個國王比較不容做出一些不好的事,這個國王會變得謹慎自己的言語行為。

古代的中國歷代的國王為了要保持擔任這個職位的人不會被國王所影響,國王不會因為生氣而殺了擔任這個職位的人,所以周王朝開始就制定了一條規則,這個規則就是國王絕對不能翻閱擔任我這個職位的人所寫的東西。

 

國王問。

那麼你是否有確實地記錄下我做過的那些不好的事情嗎?

 

他回答。

我有確實地記錄下你做的任何事情,不論是好事還是壞事。

 

國王聽完他的回答後思考了幾分鐘後對他說。

我死了之後,你寫的紀錄會被後代所有的中國人都看到。

我想要成為一個被後代的人所尊敬的國王,所以我從今天開始要每天提醒自己這三點。

第一點是我要學習歷史書,並且提醒自已不要犯那些古代失敗的國王所犯的錯誤。

第二點是我要找到更多有能力且願意指出我的缺點的人協助我管理好唐王朝。

第三點是我要遠離那些諂媚的人,我要每天反省自己所做的事。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你曾經記錄過你在每天生活中,你做了哪些事嗎?你有多久沒有檢討反省自己的行為了呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為新唐書-150-褚遂良傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/%E6%96%B0%E5%94%90%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B7105

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...