6/20/2024

He is like Dongmen Wu, he is a very open-minded person(東門之達)

 

He is like Dongmen Wu, he is a very open-minded person(東門之達)

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period in China, a famous thinker (Lieyukou) wrote a story.

 

There was a man in the Wei Kingdom, his name was Dongmen Wu.

He had a son, and he loved his son very much.

One day, his son died in an accident.

He wasn't sad at all when his son died, he acted normally.

 

One of his good friends is an important minister in the Wei Kingdom.

One day, his good friend said to him

I find this very strange. I have known you for a long time, and I know that you love your son very much. But after your son died, I didn't feel that you were sad at all. You came out to eat and chat with us as usual, so I want to ask you, are you acting normal because you are suppressing your feelings? Or are you really not sad about the death of your son?

 

He replied to his good friend.

I really don't feel sad.

I lived a normal life before my son was born.

I loved him very much when he was alive, but after he died I naturally returned to the normal life I had before I gave birth to my son.

Life and death are only natural phenomena.

So I don't think I should be sad about it.

 

This saying means that he is like Dongmen Wu, he is a very open-minded person.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever wallowed in sadness for a long time? What is your view of life and death?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                    圖片出處為百度百科



東門之達(He is like Dongmen Wu, he is a very open-minded person)

 

中國的春秋時代,著名的思想家(列禦寇),他寫了一個故事。

 

衛王國有一個男人,他的名字叫做東門。

他有一個兒子,他很愛自已的兒子。

有一天,他的兒子因為一場意外所以過世了。

他的兒子死後他完全不悲傷,他表現得很正常。

 

他的一個好朋友,是衛王國的一個重要大臣。

有一天,他的好朋友對他說。

我覺得很奇怪,我跟你認識很久了,我知道你非常愛你的兒子,但是你的兒子死後,我完全沒有感覺到你很悲傷,你跟以往一樣跟我們一起出來吃飯聊天,所以我想問你,你是因為壓抑自已的情緒所以表現得很正常嗎?還是你真的沒有因為你的兒子的離世而感到悲傷呢?

 

他回答他的這個好朋友。

我是真的沒有感覺到悲傷。

我在還沒有生下我的兒子之前我就是這樣正常生活。

我的活著時我很愛他,但是在他死後我就自然恢復到我沒有生下我的兒子之前的正常生活的狀態。

生與死只是一種自然的現象。

因此我不認為我要因此感覺悲傷。

 

這句成語的意思是他就像是東門吳一樣,他是一個很豁達的人。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否曾經長時間沉溺在悲傷中呢?你的生死觀為何呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為列子-力命-12

https://ctext.org/liezi/li-ming/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...