6/13/2024

I caught this turtle from an urn containing a turtle(甕中捉鱉)

I caught this turtle from an urn containing a turtle(甕中捉鱉)

 

In the late Northern Song Dynasty of China, officials in the central government were extremely corrupt.

These officials colluded with local evil forces to persecute good people at the bottom of society.

 

At that time, many kind and honest people had no choice but to become bandits, and these people gathered in a place called (Liangshanbo) to fight against the government and the oppression of the powerful.

 

The leader of Liangshanbo was called Song Jiang. In Liangshanbo, there was a small leader called Li Kui.

One day, Li Kui personally accused Song Jiang of doing a very shameless thing.

 

Song Jiang said to Li Kui

You said that I forced the daughter of a man called Wang Lin to be my wife, and that I took this young girl away by force.

But I have firmly stated that I did not do this.

To prove my innocence, I am willing to follow you to find the man called Wang Lin.

 

After Song Jiang and Li Kui arrived at the inn that Wang Lin had opened, Li Kui said to Wang Lin

I have brought here the man who took your daughter by force.

 

After seeing Song Jiang, Wang Lin said to Li Kui

This man is not the man who took my daughter by force.

My daughter was indeed taken by force by a man called Song Jiang, but the man called Song Jiang was not the man in front of me.

 

Because Li Kui had made a mistake, he returned to Liangshanbo and was taken to a hall in Liangshanbo. In the hall were the heads of Liangshanbo's various departments.

After a public trial, he was given a very severe punishment.

Li Kui was very upset, but he clearly understood that he had made a mistake, so he had to accept the verdict in silence.

 

As the punishment was about to begin, Wang Lin suddenly rushed into the hall.

Wang Lin said to everyone in the hall.

I have something urgent and important to tell you.

The man pretending to be Song Jiang has returned to my shop. I just managed to get him drunk, and now he is drunk in my inn.

Could you please send one of your men to arrest him?

 

When Song Jiang heard this, he immediately ordered Li Kui's punishment to be suspended.

Song Jiang said to Li Kui.

Now that things have taken a new turn, I have decided to give you a chance to make up for your mistakes.

You will immediately follow Wang Lin back to the inn he opened.

You must catch the person pretending to be me and bring him back to Liangshan.

If you succeed in catching this person pretending to be me, I am willing not to punish you.

 

Li Kui laughed happily after hearing this.

He replied to Song Jiang.

Great, I'll set out right away to catch this person pretending to be you.

I believe that with my martial arts skills, catching this man will be as easy as catching a turtle from an urn.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to escape punishment.

 

A few hours later, Li Kui caught the man pretending to be Song Jiang and returned to the hall in Liangshanbo. The man was sentenced to death.

 

 

The literal translation of this idiom is 'I caught the turtle out of the urn it was in'.

It is used to describe something that is very simple and absolutely certain to be executed.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever seen a turtle alive? If you were Song Jiang, would you be willing to give Li Kui a chance to correct his mistake?

I hope this story can help you gain something.

 

 


                                           圖片為百度百科

甕中捉鱉(I caught this turtle from an urn containing a turtle)

 

中國的北宋王朝末年,中央政府裡面的官員非常的貪腐。

這些官員勾結地方上的惡勢力一起迫害社會底層的善良的老百姓。

 

當時有許多善良與正直的人不得已成為強盜,而這些人聚集在一個叫做(梁山泊)的地方,他們對抗政府,抵抗當權者的壓迫。

 

梁山泊的領袖的名字叫做宋江。梁山泊中有一個小頭目的名字叫做李逵。

有一天,李逵當面指責宋江做了一件非常無恥的事。

 

宋江對李逵說。

你說我強迫一個名字叫做王林的男人的女兒做我的妻子,我強行帶走了這個年輕的女孩子。

但我堅決表示我沒有做這件事情。

我為了證明自己的清白所以我願意跟著你一起去找那一個名字叫做王林的男人。

 

宋江與李逵到了王林所開的小客棧之後,李逵對王林說。

我已經把強行帶走你女兒的男人帶到這裡。

 

王林看到宋江後,他對李逵說。

這個男人並不是那一個強行帶走我女兒的男人。

我的女兒的確被一個名字叫做宋江的男人強行帶走,但是那個名字叫做宋江的男人並不是我面前的這個男人。

 

李逵因為犯了錯,所以他回到梁山泊後他被帶到梁山泊的一個大廳內,大廳內坐著梁山泊中的各個部門的領導。

他在接受公開的審判後,他被判決要接受一個非常嚴厲的懲罰。

李逵的心裏覺得很懊惱,但是他又清楚明白是自己犯了錯,所以他只好沉默地接受這項判決。

 

當要開始執行懲罰時,突然間,王林沖入大廳內。

王林對大廳內的所有人說。

我有一件緊急而且重要的事情要告訴你們。

那一個冒充宋江的男人又回到我的店裡,我剛才想辦法把他灌醉了,他現在醉倒在我的客棧中。

你們是否可以派一個人去把他抓起來。

 

宋江聽到這句話後,他立刻下令暫時停止懲罰李逵。

宋江對李逵說。

現在事情出現了一個新的變化,我決定給你一個機會,讓你彌補你所犯的錯。

你待會立刻跟著王林回到王林所開的客棧。

你必須把這個冒充我的人抓回來梁山泊內。

如果你順利把這個冒充我的人抓回來,我就願意不懲罰你。

 

李逵聽到這句話後開心地大笑。

他回答宋江。

太好了,我現在立刻出發去把這個冒充你的人抓回來。

我相信憑我的武藝,抓回這個人是一件再輕鬆不過的事情,就好像讓我從一個裝著一隻鱉的甕中把這隻鱉抓出來一樣簡單。

謝謝你給我這個機會,讓我可以不被懲罰。

 

幾個小時候,李逵抓回這個冒充宋江的男子並回到梁山泊的這間大廳內,這個男子被判處死刑。

 

 

這一句成語直接翻譯的意思是這我從一個裝著一隻鱉的甕中把這隻鱉抓出來。

這一句成語被用來形容一件事情執行起來非常的簡單而且有絕對的把握。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否曾經看過活生生的鱉呢?你如果是宋江,你願意給李逵一個挽回自己錯誤的機會嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。

 

出處為元-康進之-梁山泊李逵負荊

https://fanti.dugushici.com/ancient_proses/69682

 

View Synonyms and Definitions

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...