7/26/2024

He holds his stomach and laughs(捧腹大笑)

 

 

 

He holds his stomach and laughs(捧腹大笑)

 

During the Han Dynasty in China, there was a famous minister called (Jia Yi), and there is a story about him in the history books.

 

One day he and another minister called Song Zhong went to see a very famous fortune teller called (Sima Jizhu).

 

After listening to Sima Jizhu's lecture, they spoke to Sima Jizhu with great respect.

We know many famous people, but we think your appearance and knowledge are far beyond those we know.

We feel very astonished. You are a very intelligent and talented person. You can do very noble work, but why don't you do it?

Why are you willing to put yourself in such a humble position?

 

After hearing these words, Sima Host held his stomach and laughed for several minutes, then said to them

Forgive me for being rude, but based on my observation, I think you two are very knowledgeable and cultured people, so I didn't expect you to ask me such a superficial question, so I laughed until my stomach hurt.

Let me ask you a question.

What job do you think I should do?

 

they replied.

We think you should work in the central government. You can have a very important position and get a high salary. You shouldn't be a fortune-teller.

 

Sima Jizhu wiped the smile from his face and replied in a very formal manner.

I have observed that in today's central government, most officials only flatter the king. Most of the officials collude with each other for their own selfish interests and exclude upright officials.

Most officials receive government salaries, but always exploit loopholes in the law to benefit themselves and their families. These people should be ashamed of their actions.

Because there are too many such people in the central government, I am not willing to work in the central government.

 

I like being a fortune teller.

Based on the principles of justice in the world and observing the changes of the four seasons, I give answers to those who are doubtful and confused about their lives. I help my clients

 

I enjoy being a soothsayer.

Based on the principles of justice in the world and observing the changes of the four seasons, I give answers to those who are doubtful and confused about their lives. I help my clients to understand how to face their lives. I think my work is very valuable.

 

A truly worthy person does not like to work with those treacherous villains, so these people usually choose jobs with low social status. These people like to observe society in an inconspicuous way.

A truly wise and talented person is often not eager to pursue money and fame.Instead, he chooses to quietly help others and use his own power to make society a better place.

 

The literal translation of this idiom is that a person laughs until his stomach hurts, so he hugs his stomach.

This idiom is used to describe a person who laughs out loud.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?Are you proud of your work? Do you think your work can bring positive value to others?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 

 

                                    圖片出處為維基百科



捧腹大笑(He holds his stomach and laughs)

 

中國的漢王朝時代,有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(賈誼),歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

有一天,他跟另外一個名字叫做宋忠的大臣一起去拜訪一位非常著名的名字叫做(司馬季主)的占卜師。

 

他們聽完(司馬季主)講的課後,他們用很尊敬的態度對司馬季主說。

我們認識很多著名的名人,但我們認為你的容貌與學識遠遠超過我們所認識的那些人。

我們覺得很疑惑,你是一個很有智慧又有才能的人,你可以做一些很高尚的工作,但你為何不做呢?

你為何願意讓自己處在如此卑下的地位呢?

 

司馬寄主聽完這些話後抱著肚子大笑了好幾分鐘後對他們說。

原諒我的無禮,根據我的觀察,我認為你們兩個人都是很有學識與修養的人,所以我沒有預料到你們會問我這個如此淺薄的問題,所以我笑到肚子都痛了。

我問你們一個問題。

你們認為我應該做甚麼工作呢?

 

他們回答。

我們認為你應該進入中央政府工作,你可以擔任很重要的職位與領很高的薪水。你不應該當一個占卜師。

 

司馬季主臉上收起笑容,他用很正式的態度回答。

根據我的觀察,當今的中央政府中,大多數的官員只會奉承國王,大多數的官員為了自己的私利相互勾結並且排擠那些正直的官員。

大多數的官員領取政府的薪水卻總是利用法律的漏洞為自已與家人謀取利益,這些人應該為自己的行為感到羞愧。

因為中央政府內的這種人太多了,所以我不願意去中央政府內工作。

 

我很樂於做一個占卜師。

我根據人世間的正義的原則與觀察四季的變化去為那些對自已的人生感到疑惑與迷茫的人們提供解答,我幫助我的客戶們了解到自己應該採取何種方式去面對自己的人生,我認為我的工作非常有價值。

 

一個真正賢能的人不喜歡跟那些奸詐的小人一起工作,所以這些人們通常會選擇一些社會地位不高的工作,這些人喜歡低調的觀察這個社會。

一個真正有智慧又有才能的人往往不熱衷追求金錢與名聲,而是會選擇默默的幫助別人並用自己的力量讓這個社會變得更好。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是一個人笑到肚子痛所以這個人抱著肚子。

這句成語被用來形容一個人捧腹大笑。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否對你的工作感到驕傲呢?你認為你的工作可以帶給別人那些正面的價值呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為史記-70-日者列傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_214.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...