7/20/2024

I left a safe place and went to a potentially deadly and dangerous place(出生入死)

 

 

I left a safe place and went to a potentially deadly and dangerous place(出生入死)

 

There was a famous minister in the Western Jin Dynasty of China. His grandfather and father were both officials in the Jin Dynasty.

He is also a famous writer and one of the most famous handsome men in Chinese history. His name is Pan Yue.

 

Following in the footsteps of his grandfather and father, he entered the central government of the Jin dynasty.

But because many people were jealous of his good looks and talent, those jealous people slandered him in front of the king.

 

The king listened to these people and gave him a very unimportant position in the central government.

Because he was oppressed and ignored, he felt hurt and dissatisfied.

So he wrote an article to express his inner feelings.

 

In the last paragraph of the article, Pan Yue wrote

Some people who see things in the world very clearly believe that all things in the world, whether good or bad, are a whole. These people have a habit. Even when they are in a bad situation, they think that the situation is actually very good. They often leave a safe place and end up in a potentially deadly and dangerous place.

But my thoughts are not yet that transcendent.

I don't think any of us needs too much space or stuff in our lives.

As long as I am not greedy, I can live this life peacefully in a small place.

 

I suddenly thought of the sacred turtles used for divination in sacrificial ceremonies. I thought these tortoises would rather return to a free life in nature than be placed in a sacred temple to be worshipped.

 

I should also take off my splendid clothes, which only central government officials are allowed to wear, return to my hometown and collect my farming tools.

 

After I returned to my hometown, as long as I worked diligently as a farmer every day, I would have enough food to eat and I could also pay the country's taxes.

I can hear the sweet sound of the spring water flowing in the mountains, smell the fragrance of the beautiful flowers, catch many plump fish, and take a relaxing bath in the lake after a hard day's work.

 

When I go back to the countryside, I can enjoy a free and comfortable life. I think I am ready to live such a life every day for the rest of my life.

 

The original meaning of this proverb is that everyone's life is a process from birth to death. It was used to describe a natural state.

It has been extended to describe a person leaving a safe place and arriving at a potentially fatal and dangerous place.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you think he can really give up his prosperous life and return to his hometown? Do you think he will really have no worries when he returns to rural life?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 

 

出生入死(I left a safe place and went to a potentially deadly and dangerous place)

 

中國的西晉王朝有一個著名的大臣,他的祖父與父親都是晉王朝的官員。

他也是一個著名的文學家,他還是中國歷史上最著名的美男子之一。他的名字叫做潘岳。

 

他跟隨他的祖父與父親的腳步進入晉王朝的中央政府內工作。

但是因為有很多人忌妒他長得帥又有才華,所以這些忌妒他的人便在國王的面前毀謗他。

 

國王聽信了這些人的話,所以便讓他擔任中央政府內很不重要的職位。

他因為被打壓與忽視,所以他的心情覺得很委屈與不滿。

所以他寫過一篇文章抒發他的內心感受。

 

這篇文章的最後一段中潘岳寫下一段話。

有些對人世間的事情看得特別透徹的人,他們認為世間所有的事物不論好與壞都是一個整體。這些人有一個習慣,他們就算處在很糟的情況下,他們還是會覺得這個情況其實很不錯。他們常常會離開安全的地方而到了一個可能會致命的危險的地方。

但我的想法還沒有辦法如此超越。

我認為我們每個人的生活中,需要的空間與物品都不用太多。

只要我不貪心、我只要在一個很小的地方就可以安然地度過此生。

 

我突然想到祭祀典禮上用來占卜的那些神聖的烏龜啊,我想那些烏龜應該比較想回到大自然中自由自在的生活而不願意被放在神聖的廟宇中被人膜拜。

 

我也應該脫去我這身中央政府的官員才能穿著的華麗的衣服,回到我的故鄉中去重新拿起我的農具啊。

 

我回到我的故鄉後,我每天只要認真地當一個農夫,我就有足夠的糧食可以吃,我還可以繳納國家的稅金。

我可以聽到山中的泉水流動的悅耳的聲音,我可以聞到美麗的花朵散發出來的香氣,我可以抓到很多肥美的魚,我在一天的忙碌之後可以在湖中輕鬆的洗澡。

 

我如果回到鄉下我就可以享受自由自在而且愜意的生活,我想我願意每天過著這樣的生活度完我這一生。

 

這句成語原本的意思是每個人的生命都是經由出生到死亡的過程。被用來形容一種自然的狀態。

這句成語被引申用來形容一個人離開安全的地方而到了一個可能會致命的危險的地方

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為他真的可以放棄富足的生活並回到故鄉嗎?你認為當他回到農村生活後,他真的就沒有煩惱了嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為晉書-55-潘岳傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E6%99%89%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B7055

出處為晉-潘岳-秋聲賦

https://baike.baidu.hk/item/%E7%A7%8B%E8%88%88%E8%B3%A6/66015

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...