7/19/2024

Pan Yue's hair is a mixture of black and white(潘岳二毛)

 

 

Pan Yue's hair is a mixture of black and white(潘岳二毛)

 

There was a famous minister in the Western Jin Dynasty of China. His grandfather and father were both officials in the Jin Dynasty.

He is also a famous writer and one of the most famous handsome men in Chinese history. His name is Pan Yue.

 

Following in the footsteps of his grandfather and father, he entered the central government of the Jin Dynasty to work. However, because many people were jealous of his good looks and talent, these jealous people slandered him in front of the king.

 

The king listened to these people and gave him a very unimportant position in the central government.

Because he was oppressed and ignored, he felt hurt and dissatisfied.

So he wrote an article to express his inner feelings.

 

The gist of the preface to this article is as follows.

It is the year 278 A.D., I am thirty-two years old, and I suddenly find that my hair is a mixture of black and white.

I work as a minor official in the central government, and I am currently on duty in my office.

 

I wear clothes made of soft materials and an expensive hat reserved for officials. I live here every day.

When I looked out the window, I could only see the tall houses outside and the clouds in the sky. I could not see this vast world.

 

I think back to the time before I worked for the central government. I lived in the countryside. I lived in a house with a thatched roof. I lived in nature every day. I often talked to simple farmers and old people in the countryside.

 

Since I started working in the central government, I have to work late every day and get up very early the next day. I don't have a moment to spare. I feel that my life is rushed every day.

 

I feel like a fish in a pond and a bird in a cage.

Suddenly I really want to go back to the countryside to live and I don't want to continue working here.

I felt something in my heart, so I took pen and paper and wrote this article.

 

The literal translation of this idiom is that Pan Yue's hair is mixed with black and white.

This idiom is used to describe a person who is sentimental about growing old.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you feel restricted by the real world? Does your current job allow you to use your talents?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 




                                 圖片來自於搜狗百科

 

潘岳二毛(Pan Yue's hair is a mixture of black and white)

 

中國的西晉王朝有一個著名的大臣,他的祖父與父親都是晉王朝的官員。

他也是一個著名的文學家,他還是中國歷史上最著名的美男子之一。他的名字叫做潘岳。

 

他跟隨他的祖父與父親的腳步進入晉王朝的中央政府內工作,但是因為有很多人忌妒他長得帥又有才華,所以這些忌妒他的人便在國王的面前毀謗他。

 

國王聽信了這些人的話,所以便讓他擔任中央政府內很不重要的職位。

他因為被打壓與忽視,所以他的心情覺得很委屈與不滿。

所以他寫過一篇文章抒發他的內心感受。

 

這篇文章的序言的大意如下。

今年是西元278年,我已經三十二歲,我突然發現我的頭髮混合了黑與白。

我在中央政府內擔任一個小官員,我現在正在我的辦公室值班。

 

我穿著質料柔軟的衣服,我帶著官員專屬的昂貴的帽子,我每天都生活在這裡。

我從窗戶看出去我只能看到外面高大的房屋與天上的雲,我看不到這個遼闊的世界。

 

我想起我尚未到中央政府內工作的時候,我那個時候住在鄉下,我住在茅草的屋頂的房屋內,我每天生活在大自然裡,我常常與農村中的那些純樸的農民與老人聊天。

 

自從我進入中央政府內工作之後,我每天都要忙到很晚然後隔天又要很早起床,我沒有一刻空閒,我覺得我的生活每天都很匆忙。

 

我覺得我好像一條池子裏的魚、我也像是一隻籠中的鳥。

我突然好想回到農村去生活,我不想要繼續在這裡上班了。

我的心中有所感觸,所以我拿起紙與筆寫下這篇文章。

 

這句直接翻譯的意思是潘岳的頭髮混合著黑與白。

這句成語被用來形容一個人感傷自己已經變老。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你會覺得你被現實環境所束縛嗎?你現在的工作是否可以讓你發揮你的才能呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為晉書-55-潘岳傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E6%99%89%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B7055

出處為晉-潘岳-秋聲賦

https://baike.baidu.hk/item/%E7%A7%8B%E8%88%88%E8%B3%A6/66015

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...