7/05/2024

Wasteful of natural resources (暴殄天物)

 

 

Wasteful of natural resources (暴殄天物)

 

In 1044 BC, the founding king of the Zhou Dynasty led a united army to attack the Shang Dynasty.

A few months later, the Zhou dynasty successfully overthrew the Shang dynasty, which had ruled China for nearly 600 years.

The founding king of the Zhou dynasty became the ruler of China after the successful revolution.

 

The founding king of the Zhou dynasty held a great sacrificial ceremony. He invited the leaders of the various kingdoms of the time to attend the sacrificial ceremony in the capital of the Zhou dynasty.

 

At this sacrificial ceremony, the founding king of the Zhou Dynasty made a speech.

He said

My ancestors founded the Zhou Kingdom. They were very hardworking and carefully managed the Zhou Kingdom.

When my father became king, he made the Zhou Kingdom very powerful. He did not threaten the neighbouring countries with force, but treated them with peace.

His behaviour was admired by many neighbouring countries, so all neighbouring countries respected him.

The neighbouring countries accepted him as their collective leader.

 

After his death, I succeeded him as king of the Zhou Kingdom. I inherited his power and his wishes.

He hoped to overthrow the evil Shang Dynasty.

 

Before sending troops to attack the Shang Dynasty, I once held a great sacrificial ceremony.

I sacrificed to heaven and earth, I sacrificed to towering mountains and mighty rivers.

I say to the Creator.

My name is Ji Fa, and I will attack the Shang Dynasty. The king of the Shang Dynasty was called Zhou.

The King of Shang Dynasty was very cruel. He did not value and killed various plants and animals. He mistreated all the people of the Shang Dynasty.

He didn't like honest people and surrounded himself with many criminals and evil people.

 

Many kind and intelligent people could not stand the oppression of the Shang Dynasty, so they gathered in my kingdom and submitted to me.

 

I will lead the army to attack the Shang Dynasty.

I have led the people of various tribes to prepare for the expedition.

I believe that this is the will of the Creator.

I ask my Creator to help me win this battle.

Let me save the people who have been enslaved by the Shang Dynasty so that the name of the Creator will not be dishonoured.

 

The literal translation of this phrase is that he does not value and harms various plants and animals.

This saying is usually used to describe a person who is very wasteful and does not care about natural resources.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you taken any specific action to stop yourself from wasting resources? Do the leaders of your country care about the welfare of the people?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 


                                       圖片出處為百度百科


暴殄天物(Wasteful of natural resources )

 

西元前1044年,所以周王朝的開國國王帶領了一隻聯合軍隊攻打商王朝。

幾個月後,周王朝成功地推翻了統治中國將近600年的商王朝。

周王朝的開國國王在革命成功之後,他成為中國的統治者。

 

周王朝的開國國王舉開了一場盛大的祭祀典禮,他邀請了當時的各個王國的領袖都到周王朝的首都參加這場祭祀典禮。

 

在這場祭祀典禮上,周王朝的開國國王發表了一篇演說。

他說。

我的祖先們建立的周王國,他們非常的勤勞並且用心管理周王國。

我的父親繼任為國王時,他帶領周王國變得非常的強大,他沒有用武力去威脅周圍的鄰國,他用和平對待四周圍的鄰國。

他的行為讓許多鄰國覺得敬佩,所以各個鄰國都很尊敬他。

各個鄰國擁護他成為集體的領導。

 

他死了之後,由我繼任為周王國的國王,我繼承他的權力也繼承他的願望。

他希望可以推翻罪惡的商王朝。

 

我在出兵前攻打商王朝前曾經舉辦過一場盛大的祭祀活動。

我祭祀上天與大地,我祭祀高聳的山與巨大的河流。

我對造物主說。

我的名字叫做姬發,我要去攻打商王朝。商王朝的國王名字叫做紂。

商王朝的國王非常的殘暴,他不愛惜且殘害各種植物與動物,他虐待所有商王朝的百姓。

他不喜歡正直的人,他的身邊聚集了很多罪犯與邪惡的人。

 

很多善良的人與聰明的人受不了商王朝的壓迫,所以聚集在我的王國並且歸順於我。

 

我要帶領軍隊去攻打商王朝。

我帶領著各個部落的人民一起準備出征。

我相信我的這項行動是遵循造物主的旨意。

我懇求造物主的幫助,讓我可以打贏這場仗。

讓我可以救助那些被商王朝奴役的人民,讓造物主的名聲不致羞愧。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思他不愛惜且殘害各種植物與動物。

這句成語目前通常被使用在形容一個人非常浪費,這個人不愛惜自然資源。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否有採取具體的行動去避免自己浪費資源呢?你的國家的領導者是否在意人民的福祉呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為尚書-周書經-武成

https://ctext.org/shang-shu/successful-completion-of-the-war/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...