8/08/2024

He gave charcoal to the person who needed it in the snowy weather(雪中送炭)

 

He gave charcoal to the person who needed it in the snowy weather(雪中送炭)

 

There was a famous poet and calligrapher in the Song Dynasty of China. His name was Fan Chengda. He had a good friend called Jie Yin.

 

He wrote a poem, the general meaning and creative background of which is as follows.

 

I was sitting with my best friend in his house, and we were stirring the ashes in the fireplace together.

We were chatting, it was a cold day, but our hearts were waiting for the redbuds to bloom.

It was not because it was snowing heavily outside that I was worried that my friend might not have enough charcoal to keep warm, so I brought him plenty of charcoal.

The real reason why I came to his house was because I saw this rare beauty, so I wanted to come and write poems with my friends and enjoy the scenery.

 

In the winter of that year, Fan Chengda looked at the heavy snow outside and thought of his good friend.

(Kaiyiki's) financial situation is very poor, so he is worried that his friend will not have enough charcoal to keep warm.

But in his heart, he knew Jie Yin's personality. Jie Yin had a strong sense of self-worth, so he didn't like to accept gifts from others.

So he made up an excuse and said to Ke Yin.

I really want to enjoy the rare snow scene with you today, so I came to your house to find you, let us write poems, chat and drink together, and spend leisure time together.

 

The literal translation of this idiom is that one person delivers charcoal to another person who needs charcoal in snowy weather.

This idiom is used to describe a person who helps someone who is in dire need of help.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

If you were Fan Chengda, would you consider Jie Yin's feelings when helping others? Will you take the initiative to help others when they need it?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.



                                       圖片出處為百度百科


雪中送炭(He gave charcoal to the person who needed it in the snowy weather)

 

中國的宋王朝有一個著名的詩人與書法家,他的名字叫做范成大,他有一個名字叫做芥隱的好朋友。

 

他寫過一首詩,這首詩的大概意思與創作背景如下。

 

我跟我的好友一起坐在他的房子裡,我們一起撥弄著地爐裡的灰燼。

我們一起聊天,我們在這寒冷的天裡但我們的心中期待紫荊花開放。

我不是因為外面下大雪所以擔心我的好友沒有足夠的炭可以禦寒,所以我才拿了很多的炭來送給他。

我來他家找他的真正原因是因為看到這個難得的美景,因此想要來跟我的朋友一起寫詩並且欣賞這個風景。

 

在那一年的冬天,范成大看著外面的大雪,他的心中想到他的好朋友。

(芥隱)的經濟狀況很差,所以他很擔心他的好友沒有足夠的炭來取暖。

可是他的心中知道芥隱的個性,芥隱的自尊心很強所以不喜歡接受別人的給予。

所以他找了一個藉口,他對芥隱說。

我太想跟你一起欣賞今天這難得的雪景所以我才到你家找你,讓我們一起寫詩聊天喝酒、讓我們共度悠閒的時光。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是指一個人在下雪的天氣中送炭去給另外一個需要炭的人。

這句成語被用來比喻在一個人在别人急需要幫房的時候给予這個人幫助。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是范成大,你在幫忙芥隱時會考慮到芥隱的感受嗎?你在別人需要的時候你會主動給予幫助嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為宋-范成大-大雪送炭與芥隱

https://baike.baidu.hk/item/%E5%A4%A7%E9%9B%AA%E9%80%81%E7%82%AD%E8%88%87%E8%8A%A5%E9%9A%B1/17017106

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...