9/11/2024

There will only be flies at my funeral to pay their respects.(青蠅吊客)

 

There will only be flies at my funeral to pay their respects.(青蠅吊客)

 

In the Kingdom of Wu during the Three Kingdoms period in China, there was a very famous minister named (Yu Fan), and a story about him is recorded in the history books.

 

He is very knowledgeable, he knows the Book of Changes, and he has also done in-depth research on the Confucian classics. He was a very sincere man, and he often said things that were true but would make the king very unhappy.

When he was in his 50s, he was sent to what is now Guangxi Province in China.

 

This place is far from the political centre of China, so the people's level of education is not high and much of the country is very primitive.

When he arrived there, he opened a school and had hundreds of students.

 

But in his heart, he still looks forward to returning to the capital of the Kingdom of Wu.

He has many students, but he feels in his heart that he has no real close friends.

Once at a party, he drank a little wine and said this to several students who were very good to him.

I often do things that I think are just, but I neglect to be respectful and polite to the king. I don't say things the king likes to hear, which is why I was sent to this place.

There are no scholars in this place who are as knowledgeable as I am, and there are no friends in this place with whom I can talk and discuss issues.

I thought that I might die in this place, and I thought that none of my close friends would be able to pay their respects to me after my death.

The scene of my funeral must have been deserted, and the only creatures that would have come to pay their respects would have been the flies that often fly around this place.

I really hope that one of my good friends, who can really understand me, will appear at my side. If that really happens, I will have no regrets even if I die here today.

 

This idiom means that at my funeral there will only be flies to pay their respects.

This idiom has been extended to describe a person who has no good friends who can really understand them.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Who would you most like to see again before you die? How many people do you think will come to your funeral when you die?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 


 

                                     圖片出處為百度百科

青蠅吊客(There will only be flies at my funeral to pay their respects.)

 

中國的三國時代的吳王國,有一個非常著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(虞翻),歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他的學識非常豐富,他精通易經,而且他對於儒家的經典也有很深入的研究。他是一個很正直的人,他常常說一些很正確但是國王聽了會很不開心的話。

他在50幾歲的時候,被派任到現在中國的廣西省。

 

這個地方遠離中國的政治中心,因此人民的教育水平不高而且有很多土地非常的原始。

他到了這個地方之後,他在這個地方開設了一個學校,他的學生高達數百個人。

 

但是他的心中仍然期待有一天可以回到吳王國的首都。

他的學生很多但是他的內心覺得自己沒有真正知心的朋友。

有一次,他在一次的聚會中,他喝了一點酒,他對幾個跟自己很好的學生說。

我常常做一些我覺得正直的事,但我忽略了我應該對國王保持尊重與禮貌。我不說一些國王喜歡聽的話,所以導致我被派任到這個地方。

在這個地方沒有學識跟我相當的學者,在這個地方沒有可以跟我一起對談與討論問題的朋友。

我想我可能會死在這個地方,我認為那些我的好朋友們在我死後都沒有辦法來弔唁我。

我的喪禮的現場一定很冷清,會來對我表達哀悼的活物可能就只有在這個地方常常漫天飛舞的蒼蠅吧。

我真希望我的任何一個真正可以理解我的好朋友出現在我的身旁,如果這件事情真的發生,那麼我就算是今天就死在這裡,我也沒有遺憾了。

 

這句成語的意思是我的喪禮上只會有蒼蠅來表示哀悼。

這句成語被引申用來形容一個人沒有真正可以理解自己的好朋友。


親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你死之前,你最想要再看到誰一面呢?你認為你死後,會有多少人來參加你的喪禮呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為三國志-吳書-虞翻傳-裴松之注引-虞翻別傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/%E4%B8%89%E5%9C%8B%E5%BF%97/%E5%8D%B757#%E9%99%B8%E7%B8%BE

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...