2/02/2023

He did a good deed, but he didn't stick to it to finish it.(為德不卒)

 

He did a good deed, but he didn't stick to it to finish it.(為德不卒)

 

 

The name of the founding king of the Han Dynasty in Chinese history was (Liu Bang). And the name of the most important general who assisted him in founding the Han Dynasty was (Han Xin).

 

The story of (Han Xin)'s life is very wonderful, and one of his stories is recorded in history books.

 

In the last years of the Qin Dynasty, there were many resistance forces in China. Among these resisting forces, the two largest forces are the Chu Kingdom led by (Xiang Yu) and the Han Kingdom led by (Liu Bang).

 

In 202 BC, Han Xin led the Han Kingdom's army to defeat the Chu Kingdom's army led by (Xiang Yu), and (Xiang Yu) committed suicide.

The Kingdom of Han became the most powerful kingdom in China at that time.

 

(Liu Bang) handed over the territory of the original Chu Kingdom to (Han Xin) for management.

His hometown is also in this territory.

 

After he returned to his hometown, he especially went to the woman who was engaged in washing clothes who had inspired him at the beginning, and he gave her a lot of gold.

 

He said to the woman.

I am so grateful that you helped me when I was the poorest.

I am very grateful for your critical words, you let me see my weakness, you inspired me, you are the most important person who changed my life.

 

Refer to this blog https://chinesewordingconsultant.blogspot.com/2020/07/sima-qian.html

 

 

He then went to the director of the police station in their village.

He gave the director of the police station some money and said.

I lived in your house for a while, and you spent a lot of money on me.

I will pay you back the money now.

You are a good person, but your vision is too short-sighted, you only see immediate benefits.

You received me when I was poor, which is a good thing, but you didn't stick to it, you gave up halfway.

 

Refer to this blog

https://chinesewordingconsultant.blogspot.com/2023/01/he-eats-breakfast-in-bed.html

 

 

He also looked for the man who had humiliated him.

This man is now a soldier, and this man is now his subordinate.

 

He didn't punish the man, he treated the man fairly, and he promoted the man instead. .

 

He pulled the man and said to other officers of his army.

At the time when he looked down on me and insulted me, I could actually kill him, and I have the ability to kill him.

But if I killed him at that time, I should still be serving my sentence in prison now. I wouldn't be able to have what I am today.

 

Because I know what my dream is, I can suppress my anger at that time.

Because I knew my goal and the direction of my life, I could bear his insult to my personality at that time.

 

Refer to this blog

https://chinesewordingconsultant.blogspot.com/2023/01/i-command-you-to-crawl-and-pass-through.html

 

 

 

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who does a good deed but the person only half-does it and stops doing it.

 

Dear friend, what are your feelings or thoughts after hearing this story?

What is your purpose in life? Are you willing to endure present suffering for future glory?

I hope this story can give you some new harvest.

 



                                                此圖片出自百度百科



為德不卒(He did a good deed, but he didn't stick to it to finish it.)

 

中國歷史上的漢王朝開國國王的名字叫做(劉邦)。而協助他創建漢王朝的最重要的將軍的名字是(韓信)

 

(韓信)一生的故事非常的精采,歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

秦王朝的末年,中國境內有很多反抗勢力。這些反抗勢力中,最大的兩股力量是(項羽)所領導的楚王國與(劉邦)所領導的漢王國。

 

西元前202年,韓信帶領著漢王國的軍隊打敗了(項羽)所領導的楚王國的軍隊,(項羽)自殺。

漢王國成為當時中國最強大的王國。

 

(劉邦)把原本楚王國的領土交給(韓信)管理。

他的故鄉也在這一塊領土裡面。

 

他回到故鄉後,他特別去找了當初激勵他的那一位從事洗衣服的工作的婦人,他給了她非常多的黃金。

 

他對那一位婦人說。

我非常謝謝妳在我最貧窮的時候接濟我。

我非常感謝你的諍言,是妳讓我看見自己的軟弱,妳激勵了我,妳是改變我的生命最重要的一個人。

 

參考本部落格https://chinesewordingconsultant.blogspot.com/2020/07/sima-qian.html

 

 

他又去找了擔任他們的村子的派出所所長。

他給了這位派出所所長一些錢後說。

我曾經在你家住了一陣子,你花了不少錢在我的身上。

這些錢我現在償還給你。

你是一個好人,但是你的眼光太短淺,你只看到眼前的利益。

你在我貧窮的時候接待我,這是一件好事,但是你沒有堅持到底,你在中途放棄。

 

參考本部落格

https://chinesewordingconsultant.blogspot.com/2023/01/he-eats-breakfast-in-bed.html

 

 

他也找了那一個曾經羞辱過他的男子。

這個男子現在是一個軍人,這個男子現在是他的部下。

 

他沒有處罰這個男子,他用公平的態度對待這個男子,他反而給這個男子升職。。

 

他拉著這個男子對著他的軍隊的他軍官們說。

他當初瞧不起我,他侮辱我的那個時候,我其實可以殺了他,我也有能力殺了他。

但是如果我那個時候殺了他,我現在竟應該還在監獄裡面服刑。我就無法擁有今天的成就。

 

因為我知道我的夢想為何,因此我那個時候可以壓抑我的怒氣。

因為我知道我的目標與我的人生的方向,所以我那個時候可以忍受他對我的人格侮辱。

 

參考本部落格

https://chinesewordingconsultant.blogspot.com/2023/01/i-command-you-to-crawl-and-pass-through.html

 

這一句成語被用來形容一個人做一件好事但是這個人只做了一半就不做了。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的人生目標為何嗎?你願意為了未來的榮耀,忍受現在的苦難嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為史記-淮陰侯列傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_179.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...