12/06/2023

I feel calm and comfortable.(恬然自安)

 

I feel calm and comfortable.(恬然自安)

 

There was a famous poet during the Tang Dynasty in China, his name was (Bai Juyi).

He left behind more than 3,000 poems, the most among all the poets of the Tang Dynasty.

 

At the age of 35, he joined the central government as a mid-level official.

He was an upright man and often made many suggestions to the king.

He also offended some in the establishment.

In 815 AD he was demoted and transferred to what is now Jiangxi Province in China.

One day in 816 AD he wrote a narrative poem of 612 words.

This poem became one of his most famous works.

 

The general idea of the preface to this poem is as follows.

In the autumn of the second year after I was transferred to Jiangxi, a good friend of mine came to see me. On the day he was leaving, I sent him to the ferry port in the city where we lived.

 

Suddenly, my friend and I heard someone playing the pipa on a boat next to the pier.

 

This person was very good at playing the pipa, which aroused our interest. After our active investigation, we got to know the person who played the pipa.

 

This person is a woman, she is an artist, she used to be a very famous artist in the capital.

She learnt to play the pipa when she was young and she was taught to play the pipa by two famous masters.

Two of us specifically asked her to play the pipa for us and she agreed.

 

After her performance we talked about her life.

She recalled her youthful days when she enjoyed the joys of life.

She also mentioned that when she was middle-aged, she met a businessman and quit her job as an actress. She married this businessman as his wife and did business with him all over China in recent years.

 

We feel her melancholy from her conversation.

 

That night, after what he told me, I thought about my own life.

I thought about being demoted and sent to this place for the past two years, and I felt calm and comfortable. But after listening to his story, I too was infected by their emotions and my mood became sad.

 

I wrote this poem to record my experiences and feelings that day.

 

This idiom is used to describe the mood of a person who feels calm and comfortable.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you enjoy your present situation? When you look back on your life, do you feel sadder or happier?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                            出處為維基百科


恬然自安(I feel calm and comfortable.)

 

中國的唐王朝時代有一個著名的詩人,他的名字是(白居易)

他留下了3000多首詩,是所有唐代詩人中最多的一個人。

 

他在35歲的時候進入中央政府擔任一個中階官員。

他是一個正直的人,他經常向國王提出許多建議。

他也得罪了一些當權派。

西元815年他降職並被調派到現在中國的江西省。

西元816年的一天,他寫了一首敘事詩,這首詩共有612個字。

這首詩成為他的代表作品之一。

 

這首詩的前言的大意如下。

在我被降職到江西就職的第二年的秋天,我有一個好朋友來找我,在他要離開的那一天,我送到我們所住的那座城市中的渡船口。

 

突然,我與我的朋友聽到碼頭旁有一艘船上有人在彈琵琶。

 

這個人彈奏琵琶的技巧非常的好因此引起了我們的興趣,在我們主動的詢問下,我們認識了這個彈奏琵琶的人。

 

這個人是一個女人,她是一個女藝人,她以前在首都是一個很著名的女藝人。

她年輕時學習彈奏琵琶,教她彈奏琵琶的是兩個著名的大師。

我們兩個人特別請求她為我們彈奏琵琶,她答應了我們的要求。

 

她表演結束後,我們從聊天中得知她的一生。

她回憶起她的年輕歲月,她那個時候享受人生的歡樂。

她又提起她中年之後,她認識了一個商人,她就離開了這個演藝工作,她嫁給了這個商人為妻她這幾年跟個這個商人在中國各地到處做生意。

 

我們從她的談話中感到她的惆悵。

 

在那一個夜裡,我從他的分享中,我想到我自己的一生。

我想到我這兩年被降職並且調派到這個地方,我的心情感覺平靜與自在,但聽完他的分享後,我也被她的情緒所感染,我的情緒也變得憂愁起來。

 

我寫了這一首詩,記錄我那一天的經歷與感受。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人的心情感覺平靜與自在。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你享受自己的現狀嗎?當你回想自己的一生,你會覺得悲傷比較多還是快樂比較多呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為白居易-琵琶行

https://www.classicalchineseliterature.org/article.php?article=%E7%90%B5%E7%90%B6%E8%A1%8C++%E4%B8%A6%E5%BA%8F

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...